2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
have they already sent out pre-II R
I see last year's pre-II Rs around late March, don't know if any were sent earlier. But IIs were also sent late into February.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I see last year's pre-II Rs around late March, don't know if any were sent earlier. But IIs were also sent late into February.
yeah theyve already sent some pre II Rs but expecting some in march too

Where do you send a pre-II update? Do you just email their admissions office or do you email Dr. LoSasso personally?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had emailed Dr. LoSasso in November with an update and assumed that it had been put with my file, but it never showed up in my portal. I emailed admissions about it yesterday and it was finally updated. I hope the adcom actually saw my letter in November and not just yesterday :cautious:

Reactions: 3 users
I had emailed Dr. LoSasso in November with an update and assumed that it had been put with my file, but it never showed up in my portal. I emailed admissions about it yesterday and it was finally updated. I hope the adcom actually saw my letter in November and not just yesterday :cautious:
mine was the same. never showed up in my portal and was sent pre-II. it still isn’t there lol. however, at my interview the interviewer brought up my update and had it in hand. so i would say all the adcoms saw your letter

• Love
has anyone else not heard anything at all after being complete since July?

Reactions: 9 users
I got an interview invite in early December and it was scheduled for the end of February, so I am not sure they are even sending waves of interview invites anymore for those waiting.

• Sad
I got an interview invite in early December and it was scheduled for the end of February, so I am not sure they are even sending waves of interview invites anymore for those waiting.
At this point probably just keeping people in case last minute interview cancellations

When I look at my portal, I see that it says "letter of interest received" but I do not see the document in the document status. Is this what happened to you too or did you not see the "letter of interest received" in the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I look at my portal, I see that it says "letter of interest received" but I do not see the document in the document status. Is this what happened to you too or did you not see the "letter of interest received" in the portal?
No, it didnt say anything. Like it didnt even appear that they registered that i sent in a letter :/

• Sad
Also got the call :) Interviewed 1/12, OOS, LizzyM ~ 73

• Love
Dang congrats guys. Got HPWL. fourth wl in a row...no idea what im even doing wrong.
HPWL indicates you are not doing anything wrong! A lot of things go into a decision, and a lot of people vote. If you were doing anything wrong, you wouldn't be on the HPWL. That is the list that most, if not all, of the people who are going to be accepted after people start dropping As are going to come from.

Isnt everyone just put on the HPWL
HPWL indicates you are not doing anything wrong! A lot of things go into a decision, and a lot of people vote. If you were doing anything wrong, you wouldn't be on the HPWL. That is the list that most, if not all, of the people who are going to be accepted after people start dropping As are going to come from.
I appreciate the support Knightdoc. I'm just trying to be realistic though and accepting the reap. Isnt everyone who isnt given an A put on the HPWL?

I appreciate the support Knightdoc. I'm just trying to be realistic though and accepting the reap. Isnt everyone who isnt given an A put on the HPWL?
No. There really is a regular WL, although my understanding is that most people are indeed on the HPWL! :)

I've heard various numbers, and, of course, things change year to year, but I've heard up to around 1/3 of the class can come from the WL. If true, that's 90 people! 90 does seem kind of high, but, at a minimum, several dozen people are usually called. And, HPWL will be called before regular WL. I think that, while it's far from a guarantee, there is a very realistic chance to be called off their HPWL.

Last edited:

No. There really is a regular WL, although my understanding is that most people are indeed on the HPWL! :)

I've heard various numbers, and, of course, things change year to year, but I've heard up to around 1/3 of the class can come from the WL. If true, that's 90 people! 90 does seem kind of high, but, at a minimum, several dozen people are usually called. And, HPWL will be called before regular WL. I think that, while it's far from a guarantee, there is a very realistic chance to be called off their HPWL.

There is a HPWL! It's MUCH better to be on there than on the regular waitlist. Don't be discouraged, I think a good chunk of my class came in from the HPWL last year. You have to remember that many people are going to be holding multiple acceptances by 4/30 (or whenever that AMCAS cutoff date was) and only then do they end up dropping. I know it sucks not to have a definite decision but please don't lose hope - there's still a good chance you'll get in. We interview around 700 (they told us but I forgot the number) people for a class of around 280. Many of those both on the waitlist and accepted aren't going to be going here in the end, so those are pretty good odds.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you know who creates the class Facebook page?

Interview invite just now. Complete 8/20. Scheduled for the first week of March.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know how many spots are left in the admitted class? Are we interviewing for the WL at this point?

Does anyone know how many spots are left in the admitted class? Are we interviewing for the WL at this point?
At my interview, which happened recently, they said they hold spots in the class until the interview season ends, so that anyone who interviews, no matter how late, can potentially be accepted.

No the Jefferson Ambassadors have a Instagram page and they posted yesterday

II this morning!! scheduled for mid March! SO STOKED - I'm obsessed with their design curriculum

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

A, interviewed 1/26! Got the call 30 minutes ago. So happy and my top choice :). Was speechless on the phone lol

• Love
Yayy!! Also got the call today!!! Def one of my top choices, so very excited!! Interview 1/12

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Any interview advice? I really love this school and got an interview invite, but my stats are definitely on the lower side for this school and I came from a tiny liberal arts school so I’m just kind of nervous! I’ve worked in healthcare forever
and really love their curriculum! I was surprised to get an interview here.

Any interview advice? I really love this school and got an interview invite, but my stats are definitely on the lower side for this school and I came from a tiny liberal arts school so I’m just kind of nervous! I’ve worked in healthcare forever
N = 1 but I set a MAGA flag as my Zoom background and got a decision in less than 24 hours!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I would definitely say try to talk about what you are passionate about! Both my student and faculty interviews were more of a conversation that I got to lead, which was nice. Everyone is super friendly on interview day, and they wouldn't have invited you if they couldn't see you in their class. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users