2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary Questions:
STEP 1. ESSAY QUESTIONS

Before starting your supplemental application, you should respond to the following questions in essay style. You will be limited to a 250-word count for each question. Save both essays. You will be able to Cut & Paste your responses in the specific text boxes in the application.

a. Describe how specific attributes of ACOM’s mission and core values align with your professional goals and personal attributes?

b.
The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine promotes values and equity from various cultural, social, and economic backgrounds. Discuss the role that diversity played in your decision to become an osteopathic medical school applicant.

c. What are your personal attributes that demonstrate the osteopathic philosophy? (500 words or less)

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm finishing up my first year here at ACOM in a few weeks. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have about ACOM, Dothan, or HPSP. Good luck this cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
Got a soft R today. Pretty sure it’s just my MCAT and hopefully my retake will be what they want, 501

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my secondary from them today. Their email says the following:

"The ACOM Admissions Committee has completed a review of your AACOMAS application and is pleased to invite you to complete our Supplemental Application as explained in the instructions below. ACOM receives over 5,000 applications each year and there are several factors influencing admission decisions. The competitive MCAT score usually begins at 501 and the competitive GPA is 3.4 (overall) and 3.3 (Science). A higher MCAT score and/or grade point average (above 3.4) results in improved chances for an interview."

Just realized that email link they sent for the secondary doesnt work correctly. Anyone having the same issue?

Can someone please post the secondary questions?

Reactions: 1 user
Just realized that email link they sent for the secondary doesnt work correctly. Anyone having the same issue?
Yes. I just called the school and they are working on updating the secondary site. They said it should be fixed shortly and hopefully by this afternoon.

Yes. I just called the school and they are working on updating the secondary site. They said it should be fixed shortly and hopefully by this afternoon.
Thank you for the update! I had the same issue and emailed them, but haven't heard back.

Can someone please post the secondary questions?
STEP 1. ESSAY QUESTIONS

Before starting your supplemental application, you should respond to the following questions in essay style. You will be limited to a 250-word count for each question. Save both essays. You will be able to Cut & Paste your responses in the specific text boxes in the application.

a. Describe how specific attributes of ACOM’s mission and core values align with your professional goals and personal attributes?

b.
The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine promotes values and equity from various cultural, social, and economic backgrounds. Discuss the role that diversity played in your decision to become an osteopathic medical school applicant.

c. What are your personal attributes that demonstrate the osteopathic philosophy? (500 words or less)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still no secondary. But no rejection email either. 502, OOS. hmm..

FYI I
do you know if they have fixed it?
I’m at work so I can’t check until the evening.
I haven’t done the Prompt since I got another secondary and decided to do that one since I could actually turn it in.

It’s still early in
I'm not happy that we haven't heard back yet, but I'm happy we're not alone. We're all in this together ❤️
give it time. They could be sending them out in batches. Also their application system isn’t working to send the secondary so your technically on equal footing with the rest of us.

STEP 1. ESSAY QUESTIONS

b.

Essay a and c are pretty close lol

FYI I

do you know if they have fixed it?
I’m at work so I can’t check until the evening.
I haven’t done the Prompt since I got another secondary and decided to do that one since I could actually turn it in.
I have not heard anything back. If they don't send another email by tomorrow afternoon I am going to touch base with admissions again. The way they talked last week it was going to be fixed that day.

So they just sent another email stating the supplemental link was fixed but when I click on the original link they sent it still sends me to the same exact page with no secondary...

Is anyone else's working?

So they just sent another email stating the supplemental link was fixed but when I click on the original link they sent it still sends me to the same exact page with no secondary...

Is anyone else's working?
Mine is also still not working :(

Check the top bar of the page, where the different tabs are for options! I was able to submit mine. Good luck to you all!

I just checked and its working now. Heads up a professional photo is required for virtual interviews.
2nd school that is asking me for one now.

Finally got my secondary!! Primary submitted FIRST day! OOS, 502. There's hope afterall!

I still can’t find it!! I don’t see where the options are at the top

I still can’t find it!! I don’t see where the options are at the top

IMG_0468.jpg

Top right corner click on more

I still haven't received a secondary. Should I email them?

I still haven't received a secondary. Should I email them?
I would wait. People are getting rejections. I was verified 5/31 and just got a secondary today. No news is good news. You got this.

• Care
They don’t have a 500 minimum. I’m part of the incoming class with an MCAT below 500
What in the world...the email I got said I didn't have a 501 and that's why I'm rejected. Can you explain how you managed to get accepted, let alone a secondary? I don't get where I went wrong

They don’t have a 500 minimum. I’m part of the incoming class with an MCAT below 500
This is what I thought too and I why applied but I got rejected before a secondary

I’m not sure maybe they have different cut offs this year.

Over 300 clinical hours, over 70 shadowing, and great letters for me :( disappointed because I was wanting to go here
Me too. 6200 clinical hours, 100 shadowing, 200 research, hospice volunteer work. Like idk. Whatever