2022-2023 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else feel super put-off by the lack of transparency regarding waitlist movement from the waitlist info session? And also the fact that they planned a session for wait-listed students and didn't address the glaringly obvious question that we would all have and waited for students to bring it up?
To be fair, they stated the waitlist session wasn't intended for that. It was meant to be an opportunity for waitlisted students to learn more about the school so they can make a more informed decision if given an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Would anybody be willing to look over my LOI for this school before I submit it to the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a gc or fb group for accepted students?

Reactions: 1 user
A off WL this morning. Sent a letter of interest in April.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Did you send LOIs? I am also 1st priority WL and haven't heard anything. Congrats on the acceptance!
Sent a letter of interest after the WL and wrote a long survey response lol. No letter of intent though

Is it frowned upon to call the admissions office to see how full the class is?

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my acceptance on Monday after a lot of thought. Love this school, and I’m happy someone else will be able to attend in my place.

Reactions: 5 users
Kind of freaking out in this waitlist game - one other school accepted me but Hofstra is my #1 choice, and both the other apartment and other school want my money by next week...I know they're extremely busy with admissions but I wish they gave us a range of dates we'd hear back or something. Just a stressful process when you have to find a place to live.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just withdrew today. Was very impressed by Hofstra and am excited that someone else will be able to attend in my place.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my 1st tier WL position here, hope it gives one of you an acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
No WL movement for 2 weeks 😢
I guess it's expected since they usually give people 2 weeks after an offer to decide whether or not they want to attend. Maybe you'll hear something soon when those deadlines expire

Has anyone gotten off the 2nd tier waitlist yet… hofstra is my top school and starting to go crazy as the weeks go by

• Care
Has anyone gotten off the 2nd tier waitlist yet… hofstra is my top school and starting to go crazy as the weeks go by
Didn't even get off tier 1. I have a feeling the tiers are bull**** and all that matters is if you basically tell them how much you love the school via that survey or an LOI. (But, this is just my speculation.)

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't even get off tier 1. I have a feeling the tiers are bull**** and all that matters is if you basically tell them how much you love the school via that survey or an LOI. (But, this is just my speculation.)
^^that survey is such absolute BS i’m sorry. no other school has asked me to report what schools i’m accepted at, or nagged me to update that info :/

^^that survey is such absolute BS i’m sorry. no other school has asked me to report what schools i’m accepted at, or nagged me to update that info :/
Yeah, same. It's ridiculous and quite frankly I'm over it and the school lol.

I’m 1st priority WL too, haven’t heard anything. Idk wtf is going on 🫠
Has anyone reached out to admissions? Maybe the class is full already. It sucks since commit to enroll is so late so people can delay making a decision until July 1st.

I called them about a week ago and they said that there could be movement anytime till CTE. I asked if the class was full and they didn’t want to answer that :/

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Good morning! I’m an incoming MS1. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Medical Clearance Package or health insurance. Thanks so much in advance! I know this might not be the appropriate forum but was hoping someone could help.

Good morning! I’m an incoming MS1. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Medical Clearance Package or health insurance. Thanks so much in advance! I know this might not be the appropriate forum but was hoping someone could help.
Im a rising MS2, DM and I can try and help

withdrew tier 1 waitlist position -- wasnt meant to be

• Care