2022-2023 UT Tyler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m going to bet that all of the prematch spots have been given out and that now the rest will have to wait until the real match. I may be eating my words tomorrow, though!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m going to bet that all of the prematch spots have been given out and that now the rest will have to wait until the real match. I may be eating my words tomorrow, though!
It's realistic, but I sure hope you're wrong lol. Either way, we all find out for sure on 3/3

10 spots seems awfully high to be remaining. I’m also leaning towards the fact we’ll have to wait till March at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
10 spots seems awfully high to be remaining. I’m also leaning towards the fact we’ll have to wait till March at this point
there were 12 as of last monday and there’s been some since so i don’t doubt it!

there were 12 as of last monday and there’s been some since so i don’t doubt it!
That's crazy to me since we were told ~20 prematches were filled by mid December. Do you know someone directly on admissions?

That's crazy to me since we were told ~20 prematches were filled by mid December. Do you know someone directly on admissions?
Know someone who knows someone

Last edited:
For everyone wondering the prematch deadline was extended to Feb 16th, per admissions.

Reactions: 3 users
I emailed UT Tyler admissions last week about if they're giving out 40 pre-matches and if the TMDSAS deadline is 1/31 and this is what they said:

Good afternoon,

TMDSAS has extended the pre-match deadline to February 16. The Admissions Committee will have reviewed all candidates who interviewed by this point.

We can pre-match up to 40 students, but the Admissions Committee doesn't have a set number of offers they plan to extend. It all depends on who they feel absolutely confident about. If there are spots left at the end of pre-matches, those will just be additional spots open for Match Day. Students can also accept multiple pre-match offers, so someone we extend an offer to might decide to attend a different institution, opening up additional spots.

All the best,

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For everyone wondering the prematch deadline was extended to Feb 16th, per admissions.
Now that makes more sense why there's still 12 spots then haha. It just didn't make sense they would dump the rest all on one day

I emailed UT Tyler admissions last week about if they're giving out 40 pre-matches and if the TMDSAS deadline is 1/31 and this is what they said:

Good afternoon,

TMDSAS has extended the pre-match deadline to February 16. The Admissions Committee will have reviewed all candidates who interviewed by this point.

We can pre-match up to 40 students, but the Admissions Committee doesn't have a set number of offers they plan to extend. It all depends on who they feel absolutely confident about. If there are spots left at the end of pre-matches, those will just be additional spots open for Match Day. Students can also accept multiple pre-match offers, so someone we extend an offer to might decide to attend a different institution, opening up additional spots.

All the best,
Thank you for the update!

Good afternoon,

All the best,
Huh wow this is the first time I'm hearing about the prematch extension

Members don't see this ad :)

Good afternoon,

All the best,
Is this extension only for Tyler?

Huh wow this is the first time I'm hearing about the prematch extension
Honestly I was having difficulty finding a web page where TMDSAS stated explicitly that prematch ends in January. Individual schools had their own deadlines, but I could never find anything that was a hard and fast rule (other than what's on these threads).

Honestly I was having difficulty finding a web page where TMDSAS stated explicitly that prematch ends in January. Individual schools had their own deadlines, but I could never find anything that was a hard and fast rule (other than what's on these threads).
It’s on the TMDSAS guide.
This is the first I’ve heard of an extension so I can’t confirm or deny right now

Reactions: 1 users
It’s on the TMDSAS guide.
This is the first I’ve heard of an extension so I can’t confirm or deny right now
Then that makes sense. I only checked the TMDSAS website and calendar

Also they just sent me an email, and I got super excited.... turns out it was just an interview survey form :cryi:

Idk why they sent a second one- I did a survey a few days after my interview also

I pulled over on the road when I got the email/survey. I first thought it was a rejection.

Filling out all the comment boxes on the survey just saying, "LET ME IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
No luck today, but maybe they did extend it? Has anyone heard anything else about that?

No luck today, but maybe they did extend it? Has anyone heard anything else about that?
Both people were told that they did in fact extend it by admissions directly, so no reason not to trust them

53B7715A-B438-45CB-96BB-58118B4DE1CE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
I don't have any questions right now but I still want to go because I bet you guys all have better questions I'm not thinking of

• Haha
I don't have any questions right now but I still want to go because I bet you guys all have better questions I'm not thinking of
Hahaha exactly my thought process too

Hello, everyone! I've gone through this forum and, like most of you, am eagerly waiting for what would be some of the best news of my life. I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I cannot for the life of me find this information anywhere: can someone explain or point me to a forum that explains the abbreviations/code y'all use? For instance, I've put together that "II" means "interview" but I don't know why.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello, everyone! I've gone through this forum and, like most of you, am eagerly waiting for what would be some of the best news of my life. I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I cannot for the life of me find this information anywhere: can someone explain or point me to a forum that explains the abbreviations/code y'all use? For instance, I've put together that "II" means "interview" but I don't know why.
II = Interview invite, A = acceptance.

Are there any specifics that you're curious about?

II we use to stand for Interview Invitation.

IA can mean Interviews Attended, but in other contexts means Institutional Action o_O
Don't worry, you'll catch on.
Check these threads too:
The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence for general Texas chit-chat
and
*~*~*~* Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2022-2023 *~*~*~* for questions related to TMDSAS

II = Interview invite, A = acceptance.

Are there any specifics that you're curious about?
Thanks! I've also seen a lot of small print on individual posts like "LizzyM Score" and such. I put together that these are personal pieces of information folks are advertising.

Thanks! I've also seen a lot of small print on individual posts like "LizzyM Score" and such. I put together that these are personal pieces of information folks are advertising.
Ah, yes those "small print things" under a member's posts list their grades, Mcat, and number of interviews and such.
It can save a lot of posts and questions because when someone announces they got an interview, 5 people will ask "what are your stats?"

Sharing details is completely voluntary

II we use to stand for Interview Invitation.

IA can mean Interviews Attended, but in other contexts means Institutional Action o_O
Don't worry, you'll catch on.
Check these threads too:
The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence for general Texas chit-chat
and
*~*~*~* Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2022-2023 *~*~*~* for questions related to TMDSAS
That makes sense. And thanks for forwarding those threads - I'll keep an eye on them.

Ah, yes those "small print things" under a member's posts list their grades, Mcat, and number of interviews and such.
It can save a lot of posts and questions because when someone announces they got an interview, 5 people will ask "what are your stats?"

Sharing details is completely voluntary
Good to know. Appreciate the explanations.

Jan 13: a total of 272 interviews, they had 20 offers out on the 13

Reactions: 5 users
wait sorry for my ignorance, but if we don’t hear back about the pre-matches this month, will we for sure know by Match day which is in March?

wait sorry for my ignorance, but if we don’t hear back about the pre-matches this month, will we for sure know by Match day which is in March?
Some acceptances may come following match day as people decline their acceptance. However, in my opinion I wouldn't rely on that and would just assume 3/3 is final

While you wait to hear:

Rank all the schools that interviewed you on your TMDSAS portal before February 17.

Please watch the TMDSAS match explanation video and read the FAQS on the TMDSAS guide

Hi, so I was accepted on 1/25 with a 12/13 interview. I've been creeping on this thread since I turned in my secondary... lol so I know there's a groupme for accepted students! May I have in?👀

p.s. I don't remember my science GPA but I graduated 3.59 over all four years of undergrad here in East Texas. I had a good GPA trend upwards my junior and senior year. Highest MCAT 500. I've worked as a scribe in ETX for almost 2 years now.

A fellow applicant reminded me once so I'll restate it: Remember you can't standardize a person! I think my stats and my story speak to that!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users