2022-2023 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II waitlist, didn't expect much so I'll take it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II today! OOS but live near WV border, 3.87/517, complete 7/9.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II waitlist. Have no clue what my odds are but staying hopeful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got waitlisted for an interview today! Secondary submitted 7/13. My first response of the cycle 😬

OOS from CA waitlisted for interview, lol weirdly not mad about it because they're the first school I've heard back so far this cycle and at least it's not a full blown R. Means I must have done something right?

Reactions: 5 users
OOS waitlisted for interview as well

Gee didn't realize how soon alot of people applied here, I was hoping to submit my secondary this week, does anyone think i'm too late?

Gee didn't realize how soon alot of people applied here, I was hoping to submit my secondary this week, does anyone think i'm too late?
shoot your shot, you'll be fine. this school sent out the first wave extremely early for some reason

I got an interview invite on August 2nd. OOS 513/3.81. Scheduled for November 7th, which is weirdly far away. Let me know if anyone knows details on how the interview is!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite on August 2nd. OOS 513/3.81. Scheduled for November 7th, which is weirdly far away. Let me know if anyone knows details on how the interview is!
congratulations!! When were you complete?

OOS post secondary R. Submitted 7/23 and LM 67. Good luck to everyone else :)

Submitted secondary 7/25, interview waitlist today, OOS 521/3.97

OOS II received today, secondary submitted 7/28. LM 68 with strong ties & top quartile CASPER

Last edited:
  • Love
OOS interview waitlist received at 9:31, complete on 7/29, LM 63. Pretty pumped b/c the email was so nice

• Care
OOS II waitlist received this morning also. From a neighboring state. Complete 8/5, LM 68.

• Care
OOS II waitlist, complete 7/14, LM 70. To be honest I was really excited getting this email because it's the farthest I've gotten in any cycle :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Any med students on here so I can ask a few questions?

does anyone know if people come off the interview waitlist?

OOS II received today.

Submitted 8/8.

OOS II waitlist. 3.3 cGPA, 510 MCAT. Given the stats of the other people waitlisted, I think this is a soft R lmaooo.

OOS II Waitlist as well. 72 LM score. Probably a soft R as superdesperate said, but it's the first school I've heard anything from so I'll take it.

OOS II WL. MCAT < 510
First thing I’ve heard all cycle.

Last edited:
Just got out of my interview. Interviewers we’re very talkative and down to earth. They said we will find out the week after October 15th (around the 17th or 18th) since the 15th is on a Saturday.

Wait really? What does an II Waitlist even mean? I got the email a few days ago

II Waitlist, OOS. I believe this is something that is historically unique to WVU. They stopped providing ranking information on this II waitlist last year I believe, so might have to do with an issue filling a quota at the end of the season(?)

If I don't hear back from them in a month, I'll probably end up giving them a soft check-in email.

Waitlist for interview on 8/10, been over a month with no change.
OOS, International, 3.8/511, 2nd cycle of applying (1st time to this school).

How did your interview go?! Was a pre-set list of questions or did they make it seem more like a conversation?
It went great! I prepared a decent amount though...not overly rehearsed but just had thought through possible questions out loud many times. I would say that it was somewhat conversational but they definitely had prepared a list of questions. They were also very friendly and complimentary so that made it a little bit nicer.

I’m sorry about that. Where you ever on the II waitlist?
Nope, It was probably my low MCAT score, but I'm nontrad so I was hoping my app would balance out a low score. I know applying MD is a reach for me, I have 2 DO II though so I'm doing alright!

II waitlist, OOS but from the South. Complete 9/1, 517/3.94

II waitlist! honestly expected an R LMAO so not too mad about it. OOS, ORM, LM70, WARS84, Submitted 9/7 so fast turn around time on their part.

Last edited:
II on 9/21, OOS, LM 69, 3rd quartile, submitted 9/6, casper sent 9/12

In terms of picking campuses post-interview, is it like a google form or do they expect you to explain your rationale? Does anyone know?

In terms of picking campuses post-interview, is it like a google form or do they expect you to explain your rationale? Does anyone know?
They send a form and you just rank the choices -- no explanation needed. I filled out the form after my interview on 9/29.

Pre-II R. Completely understand why though, my academics are below average compared to their averages! I have great extracurriculars, activities, leadership, 2 years of full-time research, but that's likely not enough to make me stand out to all universities. Good luck to the rest of you though <3.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users