MHA 2022 MHA: Applied, Interviewed, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
My previous post got deleted, so sharing here again!

Applied: Columbia (12/17), Johns Hopkins (12/17), University of Michigan (12/17), George Washington (12/17), USC (12/12), University of Washington (12/27)
Interview: Columbia (1/21), UMich (1/24), JHU (1/27), GWU (2/15), UW (2/17)
Waitlist:
Rejected: miraculously, none 🤍
Accepted: UMich (1/28), JHU (1/31), GWU (2/15, $), UW (2/23), Columbia (3/7), USC (3/7)
Attending:

Thrilled and blessed! Please share any admitted students groups, specifically for JHU, if there are any circulating:) And to those still waiting, good luck - I believe in you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who applied to UMich, where can I see my application status on Wolverine Access? I am a bit lost on their website.

Rejected from Minnesota this afternoon :( Does anyone know when Pittsburgh will send out the next round of interview requests/decisions?

Did anyone receive any scholarship with their financial aid offer for Columbia?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi folks! So I am most likely going to attend JHU but I haven't received any scholarships/funding aside from the Master's Tuition 75% Scholarship (which I don't necessarily count) :( I received the Dean's Scholarship for GWU, but Hopkins is still my top choice. I have seen some previous threads around funding and negotiating with schools, especially if it's my top school and funding is the only barrier, but had some questions.

Does anyone have any advice on 1) How to go about this 2) What I should say in my email 3) If anyone has similar success stories with JHU offering more funding?

Please let me know! I appreciate you all and wish you the best of luck!

Sorry to hear that, I'm wondering if other students had that issue as well when they interviewed at Columbia
Sorry to hear that as well. I enjoyed my interview. The student was super nice and answered some questions I had about their program. Still looking forward to an update from them though.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi folks! So I am most likely going to attend JHU but I haven't received any scholarships/funding aside from the Master's Tuition 75% Scholarship (which I don't necessarily count) :( I received the Dean's Scholarship for GWU, but Hopkins is still my top choice. I have seen some previous threads around funding and negotiating with schools, especially if it's my top school and funding is the only barrier, but had some questions.

Does anyone have any advice on 1) How to go about this 2) What I should say in my email 3) If anyone has similar success stories with JHU offering more funding?

Please let me know! I appreciate you all and wish you the best of luck!
I’m pretty sure the 75% scholarship is the only aid that JHU provides. I’d assume that you have to apply for any other scholarships they have at Bloomberg/private scholarships you find elsewhere. I’m sure if you reach out to admissions they’d have more info for you!

Will be attending Ohio State! Will anyone else be attending?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, did anyone hear from Cornell or Columbia?
A friend of mine heard back from Columbia today and she got in. I still haven't heard from them and I interviewed a week before my friend. No idea what's going on!

A friend of mine heard back from Columbia today and she got in. I still haven't heard from them and I interviewed a week before my friend. No idea what's going on!
I thought they sent out decisions based on how they interviewed, like decisions for every 2 weeks/months based on the interviews they did so far. But I guess not. Hopefully they send out all their decisions before the April deadline.

Super happy to say that I got accepted into USC with a 75% scholarship! From anxiety on waiting on the decision to joy with the acceptance.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats everyone on their acceptances!! For those that applied to UNC, how long did it take to receive an interview invite? I applied late (2/4). Also, just noticed they extended their deadline to March 8th.

Congrats everyone on their acceptances!! For those that applied to UNC, how long did it take to receive an interview invite? I applied late (2/4). Also, just noticed they extended their deadline to March 8th.
I applied on 2/2 and received an interview invite on 2/14. I interviewed on 2/21

Hey everyone, I received an acceptance from UMN MHA! Their program is quite exceptional and I was wondering if any accepted students who is considering UMN would like to connect!

:( Worried now. Were all three of your LOR's submitted already?
No, my third letter of rec was submitted the day after I submitted my app. I wouldn’t stress too much about it! Their interviews are a whole day with info sessions so I’m guessing they’re just waiting to round up enough people to hold another interview day

Hey! I interviewed on 5th January. What about you?
Feb. 18th! I would email them if I were you… my interviewer said to email them if I didn’t hear back after 2 weeks because they lose track of things sometimes

For those still waiting on Columbia, I emailed them and they said they have a heavy volume of applicants but they should get back to me within 2 weeks. I interviewed on 2/11, hope this helps anyone!

Admitted to Johns Hopkins today, submitted application 1/15 interviewed 2/16

No, my third letter of rec was submitted the day after I submitted my app. I wouldn’t stress too much about it! Their interviews are a whole day with info sessions so I’m guessing they’re just waiting to round up enough people to hold another interview day
Were there other applicants virtually that you saw during the info sessions? I'm guessing it's like a zoom session with the school sharing their screen?

Were there other applicants virtually that you saw during the info sessions? I'm guessing it's like a zoom session with the school sharing their screen?
Yeah it was a zoom session with school speakers. There were 2 info sessions (overview then financial aid) then we had a break and then interview sessions started. After admissions interviews there was a first year panel session where you could ask any questions. There were other applicant on the call as well but not just MHA applicants. There were MHA, MPH, and dual degree applicants.

For those still waiting on Columbia, I emailed them and they said they have a heavy volume of applicants but they should get back to me within 2 weeks. I interviewed on 2/11, hope this helps anyone!
Bless ur soul. Ty.

Hey everyone! I was just accepted to UMN and UNCC's MHA's programs! I am really excited to choose between the two and would love any information to help make an informed decision!

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted at Columbia and I'm done for this cycle.

Having a hard time choosing between Michigan and UNC. Anybody in the same boat? Would love to talk to someone considering attending Michigan or UNC!

Hey everyone! I was just accepted to UMN and UNCC's MHA's programs! I am really excited to choose between the two and would love any information to help make an informed decision!
When did you interview for Minnesota? I interviewed on 2/18 and have been excitedly waiting for a response for a little over 2 weeks now so just curious. Congrats on your acceptances though!

Waitlisted at Columbia and I'm done for this cycle.

Having a hard time choosing between Michigan and UNC. Anybody in the same boat? Would love to talk to someone considering attending Michigan or UNC!
I’m in the same boat. How are you planning to decide? Did any provide funding for you?

Has anyone admitted into Columbia received merit scholarships yet?

Hey, for anyone that got their Minn decisions, did it come by email? It's been almost a month since I interviewed and I'm stressed lol
Sorry this is a little late but yes mine came by email. I got mine six weeks later lol

I’m in the same boat. How are you planning to decide? Did any provide funding for you?
Honestly, the opportunities seem to be very similar at both schools, so I can't decide. I did get a 25% scholarship at Michigan. Nothing from UNC but I am not expecting it. What about you?

Has anyone gotten a response for interviews for GW? If so when did you apply?

Got into Columbia today!!! Applied 12/17, interviewed 1/27. Wowza, really blessed to make these decisions now!

In at USC today as well!

With that, this cycle has finally come to an end for me!!! Good luck to those of y’all still waiting🙌🏽

In at USC today too! Got an email notification for those wondering.

Still waiting for some MPH Health Policy and Management but to those waiting, I believe! 🍀