2023-2024 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone called the admission office as of late and heard anything new ?

Members don't see this ad.

they release acceptance decisions every other week! so we should be expecting news next friday

also their timeline says they release acceptances into april so they probably have a large chunk to give out still
Love your name and pfp bro

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
the actual, real, FDA-certified non-GMO pablo213 replied back? my flabbers have been gasted this fine friday afternoon
Ah, i see you are a fellow FDA regulations enjoyer. Nice to meet you in the wild :)

• Care
Started prepping for reapplication a month back doing content review. Gonna retake my MCAT to get a better shot next cycle. My wallet is crying from uworld and aamc :,) I wish cycles didnt last whole yearrrrss

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Started prepping for reapplication a month back doing content review. Gonna retake my MCAT to get a better shot next cycle. My wallet is crying from uworld and aamc :,) I wish cycles didnt last whole yearrrrss
Did you get R? Or just doing it just in case

OOS and I applied before the Feb deadline, II sent on Monday. I have not received an admission decision tho.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven’t heard anything yet, I’m checking my phone every 10 minutes :,)

Me too :( the admissions office said decisions were going out today too
Did you call the office? They also may call later in the day, there doesn’t seem to be a set time frame to get notifications

If anyone calls them today pls report back with what they say. I already called once this week :/

I interviewed in October and I think they said that waitlists and rejections were coming out end of March. At this point I’m expecting a waitlist or rejection tho

Hi I called, they said everyone who interviewed is still considered but all non interviewees are rejected since the interview for regular md season is closed. However they are still interviewing people from pathway programs. There are no waitlists yet so if you have not received an A and interviewed you still can receive an A. No waitlist will be given out until the class is filled, which can be up to April. Once the class is filled, people may be taken off the waitlist up until week of orientation. No status updates will be given on your application personally if you call.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi I called, they said everyone who interviewed is still considered but all non interviewees are rejected since the interview for regular md season is closed. However they are still interviewing people from pathway programs. There are no waitlists yet so if you have not received an A and interviewed you still can receive an A. No waitlist will be given out until the class is filled, which can be up to April. Once the class is filled, people may be taken off the waitlist up until week of orientation. No status updates will be given on your application personally if you call.
So no decisions today? But by end of month there will be some decisions?

Oh I also asked if today was a call day and they said the admission meets biweekly but did not answer my question lmao :/

Oh I also asked if today was a call day and they said the admission meets biweekly but did not answer my question lmao :/
I’m pretty sure they met yesterday. Also, today (as in this Friday) of last year was the day the bulk of decisions went out. And 2 Fridays later was the day waitlist and rejections went out

I’m pretty sure they met yesterday. Also, today (as in this Friday) of last year was the day the bulk of decisions went out. And 2 Fridays later was the day waitlist and rejections went out
Right, but March this year has 5 fridays, so maybe the next batch is on the 15th and the final decisions are on the 29th. This week is also spring break for UA

Reactions: 2 users
Right, but March this year has 5 fridays, so maybe the next batch is on the 15th and the final decisions are on the 29th. This week is also spring break for UA
There were no decisions last Friday either. If they do decisions every other Friday maybe they skipped today and resume on 3/22. Guess we will have to wait and see :/

Another week of waiting resumes… Really hope there’s lots of As waiting for us.

Reactions: 6 users
There were no decisions last Friday either. If they do decisions every other Friday maybe they skipped today and resume on 3/22. Guess we will have to wait and see :/
Or hopefully decisions go out 3/15 and 3/29

they release acceptance decisions every other week! so we should be expecting news next friday

also their timeline says they release acceptances into april so they probably have a large chunk to give out still
bruh whoever said we should be expecting news yesterday was dumb /j

jkjk but I'm assuming that they sent out a couple yesterday and gonna send out a major A wave on 3/22. it doesn't make sense for the admissions office to deviate from their biweekly schedule and not send out decisions 2 weeks in a row, esp since they still send out decisions until april

edit: nothing on cycletrack either but it doesn't seem like people upload results there too often

Last edited:
  • Haha
I called the admissions office today and they said that the committee is not meeting this week and is meeting next week. They said there will be no calls this Friday. :,)

Perhaps last A calls will be first week of April then before WLs...

• Sad
I called the admissions office today and they said that the committee is not meeting this week and is meeting next week. They said there will be no calls this Friday. :,)

Perhaps last A calls will be first week of April then before WLs...
So would 3/22 be the day they release all decisions? Since they do that by March and that would be the last Friday in March they are meeting right?

Decisions can come in April still, states that on their timeline on the COMT website. It also says you'll hear by March too so its not very reliable. I don't know if next Friday is their last day, you can call them and inquire tho

Do we have any idea how many A's they have sent out/ how full the class is?

Do we have any idea how many A's they have sent out/ how full the class is?
There are currently about 130 people in their accepted student GroupMe. This includes a few current students as well as people who might hold multiple acceptances and end up going somewhere else, but there are probably accepted students who didn't join the GroupMe at all

So do we think they are done sending out As?
probably not since they plan on releasing acceptances until april! based on their 2-week timeline we should expect nothing today but instead next week on 3/22. I also know there are plenty of people that join those group chats but arent actually accepted (source: my friends and I did that last year because we are dumb), so I wouldn't put too much weight on the # of people in them

edit:
i-didnt-hear-no-bell-randy-marsh.gif

Last edited:
  • Wow
I really hope they don’t spoil the results on the email heading because I need to emotionally prepare for this

Do we think all decisions are coming out tomorrow? Or just another round of A's?

Based on last years thread and the year prior, I think we are looking at best case scenario a bunch of WLs and Rs

Anything from anyone yet?

Edit : Friend got the A! Got the call10AM MST

• Wow
Anyone call the office ?
Yeah and I got an odd response! I asked if all decisions would come out today and I got the response: anyone who doesn’t get an offer is placed on admissions waitlist and is ranked. So I asked about rejections and I didn’t get a solid response about that as well! Not sure what to make of it but they were super nice as usual.

• Hmm