2023-2024 Baptist University College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wondering if there are alternate versions of the email or if any Rs were sent

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Im thinking about starting a BUCOM specific discord if anyone wants to join. Not sure if thats allowed here though

I got it too…I was wondering the same thing

well apparently theres two endings to the email so if urs says they want you to come there you can predict that means an A 🫢

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
someone else vs what i got in second pic

Attachments

• DB296B7A-D658-46CF-9C01-B0EDDEEDE90B.png
    DB296B7A-D658-46CF-9C01-B0EDDEEDE90B.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 241
  • C4B8DB87-3BA4-4925-B27E-C4E5319ADC00.png
    C4B8DB87-3BA4-4925-B27E-C4E5319ADC00.png
    317 KB · Views: 241
  • Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there a couple days ago on 11/08. I doubt the adcoms sat down and reviewed my app soon as I left and are throwing out emails to people predicting A’s haha I got the first pic

I interviewed there a couple days ago on 11/08. I doubt the adcoms sat down and reviewed my app soon as I left and are throwing out emails to people predicting A’s haha I got the first pic
Maybe. Although my interviewers were huddled around laptops immediately after my interview for about 45-60 minutes. Who knows, until we get the actual decision expect nothing tbh.

Maybe. Although my interviewers were huddled around laptops immediately after my interview for about 45-60 minutes. Who knows, until we get the actual decision expect nothing tbh.
Dang, I didn’t pay attention to that after my interview haha hope we all get the A’s.

They haven’t been approved for pre accreditation from SACSCOC. I’d be careful with this school.

They haven’t been approved for pre accreditation from SACSCOC. I’d be careful with this school.
They have pre accreditation. This is the larger required accreditation that they're waiting on and are being transparent about. It takes time with a new school, I'm not terribly worried.

Reactions: 1 users
They have pre accreditation. This is the larger required accreditation that they're waiting on and are being transparent about. It takes time with a new school, I'm not terribly worried.
Yeah. Also a good think the undergrad is accrediated.

Yeah. Also a good think the undergrad is accrediated.
There are four main things that alleviated my worries with this school. One, basically all the staff I talked to have experience setting up other medical schools. Two, the big guy in charge (I forgot his title, but it's Dr. Bell) was hired to help save Lucom when they almost lost accreditation, and they're still accredited so it seemed to have worked. Three, they have a lock box of sorts of money set aside to reimburse the students if they fail to get accredited with the graduating class. And four, they now have the record for gaining pre-accreditation status faster than any other school currently, which makes me think they have their sh** together.

Like of course there is a risk, as there is with all new schools including MD, but I feel like the risk isn't as terrible as people make it sound.

There are four main things that alleviated my worries with this school. One, basically all the staff I talked to have experience setting up other medical schools. Two, the big guy in charge (I forgot his title, but it's Dr. Bell) was hired to help save Lucom when they almost lost accreditation, and they're still accredited so it seemed to have worked. Three, they have a lock box of sorts of money set aside to reimburse the students if they fail to get accredited with the graduating class. And four, they now have the record for gaining pre-accreditation status faster than any other school currently, which makes me think they have their sh** together.

Like of course there is a risk, as there is with all new schools including MD, but I feel like the risk isn't as terrible as people make it sound.
All of this is definitely great to hear. Also the fact that it’s in the medical district means clinical rotations won’t be as hard to find as with other new schools. Overall I’m excited to interview and hopefully get an A

Reactions: 3 users
I completed my undergraduate degree in Biomedical Sciences at the university. I can assure everyone BUCOM is not bluffing about their affiliation with the Baptist Memorial Health Hospital system as they are one and the same. I can definitely see why many applicants are a little hesitant with the program being brand new and all but knowing several of the faculty members who transferred to the DO side of things, I feel confident in their ability to create a program that will be here to stay and one that provides the required resources, education, etc., to produce competent physicians. I don't think the school's ability to gain full accreditation in the future should be of concern.

That double ended email really be getting to me tbh 🥲🥲

That double ended email really be getting to me tbh 🥲🥲
I wouldn't worry too much. We don't know the criteria for it. I mean UCI had two different emails for rejecting people, but both emails were rejections nonetheless.
Until the official word don't expect anything is my logic on this.

wait, do they actually have money set aside for reimbursement in case they dont get accreditation?

wait, do they actually have money set aside for reimbursement in case they dont get accreditation?
It's what I was told by one of my interviewers. I think she said it was a stipulation for them to receive accreditation. There may be more details to it than a blanket reimbursement, but yeah. That's what I was told.

There is a very real chance I'm misremembering this because I was sleep deprived and it was said during the lunch meet and greet thing, but I believe she also said that the school has an agreement with another medical program to get the graduating students into their program to get legitimate degrees in case they dont get accreditation.

However, I could be wrong so if someone else remembers them saying that please let me know.

I believe this is partially correct. I'm not sure if they are in an "agreement," but I do remember saying that they would help us if we were put in that situation.

Anyone know how much longer NJMS's interview season typically is? hoping for a chance as an in state app ...
New Jersey medical school? I'm sure there is a thread for that school somewhere on this site.

I just submitted my secondary for here, but I noticed my letters of recommendation have not been verified yet. Do they go through and do this manually prior to inviting you to interview?

I just submitted my secondary for here, but I noticed my letters of recommendation have not been verified yet. Do they go through and do this manually prior to inviting you to interview?
I think that might be a glitch in the system. Mine were showing as not being verified, even after I scheduled my interview.

I’m not trying to come off as rude, but like what did you all email them about? They can’t tell any of us whether we were accepted or not yet, so their email response would be rather pointless
I emailed asking for a crisp high five, obviously.

But for real, I emailed asking if they have a tentative timeline for when they expect to receive approval to send out acceptances/rejections.

OOS II today! Any tips on how to prepare... also first in person interview so kind of stoked for a change in scenery