2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got on the WL
Keep your head up! I interviewed 3/5 and was put on the WL as well. They emailed me saying that in the past years they’ve moved through the majority of the waitlist candidates. I’m sure we’ll hear back soon 😊

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten an interview invite for any dates this month?

Keep your head up! I interviewed 3/5 and was put on the WL as well. They emailed me saying that in the past years they’ve moved through the majority of the waitlist candidates. I’m sure we’ll hear back soon 😊
Omg seriously? That makes me feel better

Nicee... how long were you on the WL before getting the A?

My interview was on 4/15. Have not heard anything back yet. I am so nervous. Is it normal to take this long?

My interview was on 4/15. Have not heard anything back yet. I am so nervous. Is it normal to take this long?
They're dealing not just with the newly interviewed right now but managing who is withdrawing for other schools.
No need to be in a hurry

Members don't see this ad :)
They're dealing not just with the newly interviewed right now but managing who is withdrawing for other schools.
No need to be in a hurry
Oh I see. So I guess we still have hopes to hear back?! I was just nervous about the silence

Can anyone tell me what the interview was like? I have it in a week. Do they ask casual questions or some hardass questions that stump you? I know there are two 1:1 interviews, so can someone also tell me how long were each interview?

Can anyone tell me what the interview was like? I have it in a week. Do they ask casual questions or some hardass questions that stump you? I know there are two 1:1 interviews, so can someone also tell me how long were each interview?
You have two faculty interviews, 15 mins each. They’re timed, and you’ll be pulled out right at 15 mins, even mid sentence. They have questions they’ll ask you, and while I can’t and won’t disclose what those were, there are some resources on SDN that may be of benefit.

Aside from that, you have a generic presentation about the school, as well as time to interview with current students.

Be prepared and just relax.

Anyone happen to know their post-interview acceptance rate and/or WL rate? I know someone above posted what the admissions email said about taking a lot of WL applicants and having good movement. Just wondering if there are any concrete numbers anywhere?

Good luck!

Did you see different interview dates for this month when you were scheduling the interview?

Going to make myself feel better and assume the only reason we haven’t heard back is cause commencement was today. Surely we’ll hear something Monday right…right? 😅

Does anyone know when the waitlist movement will be? I’m signed up for a masters that starts on May 13 in case i do not get in😩

Good luck!

Did you see different interview dates for this month when you were scheduling the interview?
Thank you! I got the interview like a month ago, and saw a interview date on May 9th.

FWIW they said during the interview that they are interviewing through June.
Oh wow I didn’t know they interview so late. I just need them to start pulling off the waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else from the 4/15 interview date not received the decision yet? I have checked my junk and inbox, but no emails.

Oh wow I didn’t know they interview so late. I just need them to start pulling off the waitlist

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear back like the others who interviewed mid-to-late April. But they said in a presentation that it's still somewhat "early" in their cycle and reiterated that it was definitely not late. That surprised me too.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear back like the others who interviewed mid-to-late April. But they said in a presentation that it's still somewhat "early" in their cycle and reiterated that it was definitely not late. That surprised me too.
Yeah they said they interview even in June.

Because of new FL campus and usually new campus does not attract a lot of people because of insecurity and having to go through private loan, I expect a lot of waitlist movements

Has anyone else from the 4/15 interview date not received the decision yet? I have checked my junk and inbox, but no emails.

Did they send you an email at all saying decisions are delayed? If so, I'd probably wait until later this week. If not, then yeah email them.

Will it seem pushy if I send over a letter of intent? This school is my top one, and FL campus would be perfect for me. I haven’t interviewed yet. I already sent an update letter in March and I had submitted my application in Nov.

Will it seem pushy if I send over a letter of intent? This school is my top one, and FL campus would be perfect for me. I haven’t interviewed yet. I already sent an update letter in March and I had submitted my application in Nov.
it's meaningless if you haven't yet interviewed, have you been invited to interview?

I was told not to send a letter of intent unless you’ve interviewed! Sending a letter of interest is okay, which it seems like you’ve already done.

How is the WL movement? Is there any chances to expect to get acceptance from the WL?

I received an interview invite last night! I haven’t had the chance to look through this thread but it seems late to get an II. However, I have no acceptances so i’ll take it!

Anyone know when we will see some waitlist movement? It’s almost mid May.

Anyone know when we will see some waitlist movement? It’s almost mid May.
I’m more anxious now than I have been at any other point in the cycle. I’m so close yet so far it feels like

Just withdrew my A, hardest decision I've had to make. I love BCOM and the students and faculty are amazing. I received an A 5 minutes from my house. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my A today for the New Mexico campus. Good luck y'all!