2023-2024 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS pre-II R at 2:30 MT. Sad because I wanted to return to CO but I have other great offers so not the end of the world

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven’t gotten the R yet

They accidentally sent me your R, here you go:

Dear Soyantha27,

Thank you for your interest in the University of Colorado School of Medicine. We have completed the review of your application for the MD program. To date we have received more than 10,000 applications for 184 first year spots. With many more competitive applicants than spots, the Admissions Committee faces a very daunting task. Regretfully, we will not be able to offer you a position in the Class of 2028.

Due to sheer volume, we are unable to provide individual feedback to applicants.

We would like to thank you for your interest in the University of Colorado School of Medicine. We wish you the best of luck in achieving your goal of becoming a physician.

Reactions: 1 users
+1, not putting any stock into it (it is March, after all) but who knows...
Exactly... just watched all day long as the Rs filtered in, waiting for my moment of reckoning, only for it to never arrive

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know anything about scholarship negotiations here? Colorado is my top choice and I’m in love with the school but I was just offered full tuition at another school that I was accepted to, but do not love and was planning at withdrawing from before today. Hoping to use the offer for leverage, but not sure if it will help me much being OOS.

Question on CU tuition rates for OOS students.

My understanding from CU's website (School of Medicine), OOS students can obtain residency after 1 year, but can never qualify for in state tuition.

So first year is OOS tution, then years 2-4 will be Resident + the $26,000 accountable fee.

Based on current tuition rates, that is $83K (MS1), $69k (MS2), $68k (MS3) and $67k (MS4). So around $287k for 4 years.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks!

Well this is ironic. Pre-II R OOS rn

I feel like their interview cycle is over but has anyone not been rejected yet?

Does anyone know typical WL movement here? Been looking through previous threads but was wondering if anyone had any better info.

Does anyone know typical WL movement here? Been looking through previous threads but was wondering if anyone had any better info.

same part of me feels like theres probably a good amount since its a really expensive school but its also a well-ranked school in a cool city so idk

CU updated their admissions tracker (University of Colorado School of Medicine Admissions) today.

Approximately 87 more people interviewed over past month. Approximately 59 more people accepted.

If CU is done interviewing / admissions for this year, they interviewed and accepted fewer people this year. MIGHT be good news for those on the alternate list.

CU didn't update the date on the tracker for the second month in a row.
  • Primary Applications: 10,003
  • Secondary Applications: 5,660
  • Interviewed Applicants: 661
  • Offers of Admission: 290

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I feel like their interview cycle is over but has anyone not been rejected yet?
My portal still says 'under review,' I'm OOS and complete 8/10 with no communication. Would love to think I still have a chance but it's fully March so I am not kidding myself lol

CU updated their admissions tracker (University of Colorado School of Medicine Admissions) today.

Approximately 87 more people interviewed over past month. Approximately 59 more people accepted.

If CU is done interviewing / admissions for this year, they interviewed and accepted fewer people this year. MIGHT be good news for those on the alternate list.

CU didn't update the date on the tracker for the second month in a row.
  • Primary Applications: 10,003
  • Secondary Applications: 5,660
  • Interviewed Applicants: 661
  • Offers of Admission: 290
How many people do they usually accept each year?

How many people do they usually accept each year?
Maybe CU reads SDN? Date has now been updated on the tracker.

In 2021 ():
CU interviewed 706
CU accepted 326

Last year:
CU interviewed 674
Unclear how many were accepted.

Tracker as of March 5, 2024:
CU interviewed 661
CU accepted 290

Interviewed 01/19. They said 4-6 weeks and still have not heard back at all. When should I the email admissions office?

Maybe CU reads SDN? Date has now been updated on the tracker.

In 2021 ():
CU interviewed 706
CU accepted 326

Last year:
CU interviewed 674
Unclear how many were accepted.

Tracker as of March 5, 2024:
CU interviewed 661
CU accepted 290

Seems like interviews for the cycle are now complete. I know there is at least 1 more round of decisions coming for the most recent groups of interviewees (about 60 people I think) and the prior numbers seem to support this.

Seems like interviews for the cycle are now complete. I know there is at least 1 more round of decisions coming for the most recent groups of interviewees (about 60 people I think) and the prior numbers seem to support this.
Looked back at archived versions of the CU admissions tracker. Some numbers from March of 21, 22, 23.

3/31/21 (https://web.archive.org/web/20210422145801/https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/education/md-admissions)
Interviewed - 686
Accepted - 317

3/10/22 (https://web.archive.org/web/20220815043148/https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/education/md-admissions)
Interviewed - 723
Accepted - 303

3/7/23 (https://web.archive.org/web/20230322065813/https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/education/md-admissions)
Interviewed - 608
Accepted - 272

3/5/24
Interviewed - 661
Accepted - 290

Reactions: 1 users
Question on CU tuition rates for OOS students.

My understanding from CU's website (School of Medicine), OOS students can obtain residency after 1 year, but can never qualify for in state tuition.

So first year is OOS tution, then years 2-4 will be Resident + the $26,000 accountable fee.

Based on current tuition rates, that is $83K (MS1), $69k (MS2), $68k (MS3) and $67k (MS4). So around $287k for 4 years.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks!
I would like clarity on this as well. My understanding was the accountability fee is contained within the OOS tuition so that after you switch to being a CO residency after year 1, you cant get out of paying OOS tuition. As such, MS1 wont be 83K, but much cheaper by the amount of the fee.

I would like clarity on this as well. My understanding was the accountability fee is contained within the OOS tuition so that after you switch to being a CO residency after year 1, you cant get out of paying OOS tuition. As such, MS1 wont be 83K, but much cheaper by the amount of the fee.
So you think $83k - $26k accountability fee for MS1 = $57k for OOS?

That would be less than the $67k - $70k shown in the middle column for resident + accountability fee.

Maybe tuition would be $70k+$69k+$68k+$67k ($274k total) for the 4 years as OOS for MS1 and resident+accountability fee for MS2-4???

It is a bit confusing.

Hoping a current CU OOS student can clarify.

So you think $83k - $26k accountability fee for MS1 = $57k for OOS?

That would be less than the $67k - $70k shown in the middle column for resident + accountability fee.

Maybe tuition would be $70k+$69k+$68k+$67k ($274k total) for the 4 years as OOS for MS1 and resident+accountability fee for MS2-4???

It is a bit confusing.

Hoping a current CU OOS student can clarify.
During an accepted students day the financial aid people said your status at time of admission is the one you will maintain during your time as a student. OOS students will pay the accountable student fee each year which is about $26k each year on top of the actual tuition.

During an accepted students day the financial aid people said your status at time of admission is the one you will maintain during your time as a student. OOS students will pay the accountable student fee each year which is about $26k each year on top of the actual tuition.

That does sound correct. Thank you.

So this is what I've concluded.

The first column is in-state tuition. The second column is out-of-state tuition. The third column is some 'extra' fee if a student withdraws from CU 'for any reason other than medical disability'.

The OOS tuition is the in-state amount + $26,000.

So $274k for 4 years as OOS.

accepted people, how long until you got an email? I’m being neurotic
I didn’t get a phone call at all (was out of service for an hour or so that day lol) but saw some people from my interview date post on here when they got called and then I got an email the following Monday