2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
From some of these replies it seems like DMU is taking their sweet time

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II today, complete about two weeks ago (1/18/24)

Members don't see this ad :)
how do i register for the info session? Recently completed my interview and when i click on the link in the email it takes me straight to registering for an info session in all the way in June

I'm an in-state applicant that applied to only MD this cycle (doesn't matter bc they're private ik, but just for context). I've grown interest towards DMU as the cycle has progressed (I'm from there and have become increasingly aware of how much I would benefit from living near home during med school). I have a good shot at another acceptance in the coming weeks and would probably take it if I got it (Top 30 MD), but Des Moines is kind of what I WANT to do.

My question is whether or not it would be worth my time to apply this cycle? Have II pretty much stopped at this point and would submitting my primary to them this late be a giant red flag? I don't mind the idea of reapplying if the MD program doesn't work out, but I want to know if sending out a shot to DMU would be worth the time and ~$200.

Thanks y'all!

Last edited:
I'm an in-state applicant that applied to only MD this cycle. I've grown interest towards DMU as the cycle has progressed (I'm from there and have become increasingly aware of how much I would benefit from living near home during med school). I have a good shot at another acceptance in the coming weeks and would probably take it if I got it (Top 30 MD), but Des Moines is kind of what I WANT to do.

My question is whether or not it would be worth my time to apply this cycle? Have IS II pretty much stopped at this point? I don't mind the idea of reapplying if the MD program doesn't work out, but I want to know if sending out a shot to DMU would be worth the time and ~$200.

Thanks y'all!
DMU is a private school so they don't differentiate between IS and OOS applicants. With that being said, I feel it would definitely be worth it to apply this cycle.

I'm an in-state applicant that applied to only MD this cycle (doesn't matter bc they're private ik, but just for context). I've grown interest towards DMU as the cycle has progressed (I'm from there and have become increasingly aware of how much I would benefit from living near home during med school). I have a good shot at another acceptance in the coming weeks and would probably take it if I got it (Top 30 MD), but Des Moines is kind of what I WANT to do.

My question is whether or not it would be worth my time to apply this cycle? Have II pretty much stopped at this point and would submitting my primary to them this late be a giant red flag? I don't mind the idea of reapplying if the MD program doesn't work out, but I want to know if sending out a shot to DMU would be worth the time and ~$200.

Thanks y'all!
Nah, It’s February and II are now just trickling out slowly at this point. By the time you submit your app (not sure if you already sent out a primary DO app, but by the sound of it, you have not) and get verified (4-6 week process), then receive a secondary (some people have been waiting months and still don’t have a secondary), it will be end of March to mid April already, and by then we’re pretty much already at the end of the cycle. Might as well wait till May and submit for next cycle. You’ll get more bang for your buck this way.

Nah, It’s February and II are now just trickling out slowly at this point. By the time you submit your app (not sure if you already sent out a primary DO app, but by the sound of it, you have not) and get verified (4-6 week process), then receive a secondary (some people have been waiting months and still don’t have a secondary), it will be end of March to mid April already, and by then we’re pretty much already at the end of the cycle. Might as well wait till May and submit for next cycle. You’ll get more bang for your buck this way.
DMU doesn't have a secondary, and I would highly doubt it would take 4-6 weeks to be verified, more like 2. I agree chances aren't the best, but the odds probably beat the opportunity cost of a year if they have decent stats.

Reactions: 1 users
DMU doesn't have a secondary, and I would highly doubt it would take 4-6 weeks to be verified, more like 2. I agree chances aren't the best, but the odds probably beat the opportunity cost of a year if they have decent stats.
I was verified in 1 day and submitted in Dec

Reactions: 1 users
OOS A just now!!! Had info session on 12/15
AHHH it’s my first A this cycle

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Thanks y'all!
If by this cycle you mean for the class of 2028, save your money and wait until next cycle. Its very late and they've already offered a lot of acceptances, so it would be hard to get an interview/A

second time getting the continued interest email 🥲 yes very much still interested

I am doing my "interview" tomorrow, does anyone know if it allows you to record multiple takes (the answer is probably not but i'm just curious)? This just feels an awful lot like ca$per...

I am doing my "interview" tomorrow, does anyone know if it allows you to record multiple takes (the answer is probably not but i'm just curious)? This just feels an awful lot like ca$per...
It does not allow multiple takes.

Can someone clarify the following? (assuming answer is no for both but just wanted to check)

For Kira interview- are there questions specific to your application or are they all just general med school interview questions since it’s not live? Do they give you time to ask questions like you would during a live interview? (I know there’s no one to answer them but maybe they would during the q&a day?)

Thanks

Can someone clarify the following? (assuming answer is no for both but just wanted to check)

For Kira interview- are there questions specific to your application or are they all just general med school interview questions since it’s not live? Do they give you time to ask questions like you would during a live interview? (I know there’s no one to answer them but maybe they would during the q&a day?)

Thanks

They’re all general questions!

There’s no where to ask questions during the kira interview. You can ask questions during the group interview

anyone else still haven't heard anything after their interview? I interviewed early December. . .

Is the live event also an interview of sorts or is it more to ask some questions to current students?

Is the live event also an interview of sorts or is it more to ask some questions to current students?

Aside from general introductions, it’s mostly just a chance to ask questions to current students

Do you guys know if DMU allows you to defer an acceptance for 1 year?