2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep group interview 2/1, I sent them an email yesterday, will lyk if anything happens

Edit: received reply just now that adcom still reviewing for final decision… that’s all :)
Yeah i emailed them too like a week ago and said it would be a few weeks. But ive seen in this thread people from the end of February hearing back

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my Acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you! 🤞

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone else received a card in the mail from this school pre-acceptance congratulating you for getting an interview? I haven't seen this before and got excited thinking it was an acceptance but was wrong

Has anyone else received a card in the mail from this school pre-acceptance congratulating you for getting an interview? I haven't seen this before and got excited thinking it was an acceptance but was wrong
I got two just recently post interview. One postal card saying dmubound and another that you mentioned. Small heart attacks each time :rofl:

Yes, they don’t seem to mean anything. Earlier on the forum someone got both cards and was rejected post interview.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
it was by far the most strange thing ever I thought I got acceptecd as well

Last edited:
I got a waitlist email yesterday. Q&A session early February. Anyone know what the waitlist movement is like

My daughter did
She got accepted 2 weeks later

Can someone be real with me? Is there any point of applying to this school right now this late in the cycle? I have an LM of 70. Even if I managed to get an interview im bound to get waitlisted right

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone be real with me? Is there any point of applying to this school right now this late in the cycle? I have an LM of 70. Even if I managed to get an interview im bound to get waitlisted right
Last year their final interviews were at the end of March. Personally, I wouldn't apply this cycle and instead crush some ECs over the next months and prepare to reapply with the intention of sending in apps early instead of waiting until the last second

OOS A today! Group session on March 8th

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who had their group session on 03/01 heard anything back yet?

Rooting for you! Are you waiting to hear back still? When did you have your group sess?
i am on alternate list. I had my group session 2/23 so im praying for some movement 🙏🙏

• Care
Asking for a friend, is it normal here to have interviewed all the way back in November and still not hear anything back?

Probably not a good sign bc they told us 4-6 weeks to hear back
The person in question also emailed back a couple times, and they were told both times that no decision had been made yet which is weird.

Last edited:
said person should reach out again thats a long time

The person in question also emailed back a couple times, and they were told both times that no decision had been made yet which is weird.
I mentioned this some time ago but I can’t find the comment. I’ve overheard faculty say that sometimes they “hold” decisions because they want to accept someone but don’t have a spot. May or may not be the case for your friend. However, it is something they do here.

Did my informational session 2/22/24. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks. Should I anticipate post-interview R?

I mentioned this some time ago but I can’t find the comment. I’ve overheard faculty say that sometimes they “hold” decisions because they want to accept someone but don’t have a spot. May or may not be the case for your friend. However, it is something they do here.
I’ve heard about this before and that was their hope too, but seeing other people with recent interview dates getting accepted makes you wonder if this is still true.

Last edited:
Based off previous years, they release WL rankings in early April so it's a possibility that your friend/those interviewing late will get decisions post-II soonish.

just got an email to confirm alternate list position. email says rankings will be emailed out by April 12. my heart cannot take this much longer

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’m debating this too^ but I’m waiting since February 19th 😅
I was waiting from early February and just found out last week I was waitlisted. It was over six weeks and when i emailed them at six weeks they said my file was still with the committee

I was waiting from early February and just found out last week I was waitlisted. It was over six weeks and when i emailed them at six weeks they said my file was still with the committee
Oh phooies. Happy for you for a WL at least :)) now I’m not sure if it’s even worth reaching out. Maybe I’ll play the waiting game.

Oh phooies. Happy for you for a WL at least :)) now I’m not sure if it’s even worth reaching out. Maybe I’ll play the waiting game.
Waiting is terrible but even if you email theyll just tell you to wait some more lol but they did send an email saying on 4/12 theyll send emails about waitlist ranking so you might here before then

Waiting is terrible but even if you email theyll just tell you to wait some more lol but they did send an email saying on 4/12 theyll send emails about waitlist ranking so you might here before then
Aight thanks for insight

how does dmu compare to atsu-kirksville? any input is appreciated

Withdrew my A today. I'm hoping it goes to one of you guys!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users