2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything this week?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone from 10/16 hear back? Today marks 6 weeks

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They said next week they are sending out some news

Reactions: 3 users
IS A today! LM 67

Zoom session was on 10/12, emailed them Tuesday about admissions decision, got the A today!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS A today! LM 67

Zoom session was on 10/12, emailed them Tuesday about admissions decision, got the A today!
Congrats! Do you think the email is what facilitated you getting a decision or not really? It’s been 5 weeks since my session so I think it may be too early to email them.

Received a second, but different, student ambassador postcard in the mail today. Interviewed 11/10. Based on previous comments in the thread, I’m assuming this has no bearing on decision?

Reactions: 1 users
Received a second, but different, student ambassador postcard in the mail today. Interviewed 11/10. Based on previous comments in the thread, I’m assuming this has no bearing on decision?
No one knows

Just did the interview…to everyone that is yet to interview, be prepared to type. I was so caught off guard with that

Withdrew my A, Good luck to everyone!

For stats purposes / those keeping track
OOS, session 9/18, A 10/24 via text followed by email
MCAT 518 GPA 3.96

is there a place on the portal to do this or did you have to reach out

I had to reach out, I emailed them they followed up asking for some confirmation information and then it was finalized. I couldn’t find anywhere to do it on the portal but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist lol.

I don’t think it indicates anything but the wording is very unclear . After my acceptance I received an actual packet in the mail.

So for the info session, is it just you and faculty or is it a group of applicants?

So for the info session, is it just you and faculty or is it a group of applicants?
Group of ~20, plus a faculty member and 2-3 student ambassadors

if anyone else was 10/16 info session I emailed and was told they expect decision should be out in next two weeks

Withdrew my acceptance today. Hopefully it can go to one of you all.

Reactions: 2 users
Another day another survey for continued interest :cryi: plz dmu

Another day another survey for continued interest :cryi: plz dmu
I received a couple of those before I got an interview invite in February. It's annoying, but it's still possible to be interviewed. 😄

Withdrew my acceptance due to an In-State A I got. Blessings to all. Hope my A goes to one of y'all.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey, I interviewed on 10/22 and had my group session on 11/2. In the email I received on 11/2, they said to allow for 4-6 weeks for a decision. This coming Thursday marks 6 weeks, is it fair to send an email to admissions on Friday if they haven't sent one out yet by then or would that look bad?

Hey, I interviewed on 10/22 and had my group session on 11/2. In the email I received on 11/2, they said to allow for 4-6 weeks for a decision. This coming Thursday marks 6 weeks, is it fair to send an email to admissions on Friday if they haven't sent one out yet by then or would that look bad?
Won’t look bad but I expect things will start moving after December 14th next week. DMU seems to be playing it safe in regards to sending out any waitlists or rejections for now

Reactions: 4 users
Spoke with DMU today, movement and communication should be happening after the 14th this week and into January

Also got an A via text! Had my group session beginning of November

Reactions: 7 users
Can anyone provide insight into what interview day is like? Since it is only one hour and there is a group of us, are we still expected to answer Qs in an MMI fashion? Or is it an info session that isn't being "scored" in any way?

an anyone provide insight into what interview day is like? Since it is only one hour and there is a group of us, are we still expected to answer Qs in an MMI fashion? Or is it an info session that isn't being "scored" in an
I believe I signed an NDA so none of us can really speak on it

Did any of y’all’s portals update with the deposit due date for those who got the A today? My portal has not updated yet

Did any of y’all’s portals update with the deposit due date for those who got the A today? My portal has not updated yet
Not yet. I think it updates within a week according to the website in the email.

Group interview 10/16 haven’t heard anything I’m stressed 😭🤢🤮 but congrats everyone on the A!!