2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Everyone!
I am new here and I just finished interview day three days ago. How long did it take for yall to get any notification of the admissions decision?
It took two weeks for me to hear back! Hopefully you will hear back with good news :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y’all, interviewed 1/22 and accepted today!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hey Everyone!
I am new here and I just finished interview day three days ago. How long did it take for yall to get any notification of the admissions decision?
Interviewed Tuesday also. Just received an acceptance email 10 minutes ago. IS applicant.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Monday 1/22 and was acceptance on Friday 2/2.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I just found out that I am on the waitlist. Does anyone know how the waitlist tends to move, or if I should call and ask?
The waitlist is reviewed each time the faculty meet. As for who is chosen for acceptance based on that list just depends on how many spots they have left to fill.

Hey Everyone!
They meet about every other week. It is likely for them to contact accepted students roughly 2 weeks after the interview process, but expect this to be anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

For others reading this:
Contacting them for an update is not a bad idea, especially for those still waiting to hear about an interview status. If you have already interviewed, then I recommend just being patient. They are good about contacting students.

The waitlist is reviewed each time the faculty meet. As for who is chosen for acceptance based on that list just depends on how many spots they have left to fill.

Thank you for letting me know! I am now off the waitlist is there an accepted students group (Groupme, ect) besides the Facebook group? I don’t have social media so not sure it will let me join.

Members don't see this ad :)
If there are any current VCOM students in this thread, what does a typical week look like? (For example how long you are in class, how much down time you have, and etc.)

Thank you for letting me know! I am now off the waitlist is there an accepted students group (Groupme, ect) besides the Facebook group? I don’t have social media so not sure it will let me join.
I do not really use social media much personally, but I recommend creating a facebook profile for the moment. Most of the information sent to accepted students about those groups and places to live is sent through there.
The closer to the start of class, there should be a group created somewhere. The class of 2026 and 2027 use discord as their means of group communication.

If there are any current VCOM students in this thread, what does a typical week look like? (For example how long you are in class, how much down time you have, and etc.)
So we have a block schedule, meaning 2 12-week schedules per "semester". This means the first year has 4 blocks.
There are 2 exams per week with the first 2 weeks and the last week (finals) being the exceptions. The first week of each block has no exams. The last week typically has 3 exams unless there is a practical of some kind (which would make it 4 exams). There is also a lunch hour from 12-1pm every day. Exams will be at 8am on their designated days.
Block 1 will be light in regard to labs. You'll have some days where you sit through lectures from 8am-5pm, but that is actually uncommon. You're more likely to end around 1 or 2pm. Some days will have student-directed content, meaning you are responsible to look over that material on your own time. Obviously medical school exams are not easy, so we spend a lot of the time studying. On the days of an exam (& after taking the exam), people like to take a break to relax. I like to joke that I don't know what personal time is, but the truth is that you will have plenty if you just manage your studying well. Taking a break is also RECOMMENDED. If there are things you enjoy doing, make the time for it.
Medical school is a lot of work and a lot of studying, but it doesn't start off nearly as heavy as it becomes by block 3. You'll have plenty of time to adjust and figure things out!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi all,

Interviewed 02/12 and just got accepted this afternoon (02/16)!! Honestly really surprised because of the turnaround time and I genuinely had felt that I bombed the interview. Primary was verified Oct 10 and II was marked as complete 01/09.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone in the chat that is accepted that knows about any roommate groups or chats? I know there is one linked on the class of 2028 facebook but it seems old and there is not a lot of action/posts about roommates on there.

OOS II yesterday, will be declining and hopefully it goes to one of you guys goodluck future doctors!

Reactions: 1 users
Is there anyone in the chat that is accepted that knows about any roommate groups or chats? I know there is one linked on the class of 2028 facebook but it seems old and there is not a lot of action/posts about roommates on there.
There was a discord link in the Facebook group chat that has an active roommate list going.

Does anyone know if they will tell you your rank on the WL?
They will not tell you. On occasion, you may be notified if you sit within the top 5 or so within the waitlist. The waitlist moves very quickly though. Most people hear something back 2 weeks after being placed on the waitlist. Especially now that we are entering the later stages of the application cycle, there is a lot more movement on the waitlist. Patience is the key here.