2023-2024 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i felt the same way, freak out tomorrow. my letter came like a week after portal update. also don’t get worried if you do see people post that they got a letter today, doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
What time should we expect portals to update tomorrow? And do they only update for those who receive an A?

Good luck to everyone!

What time should we expect portals to update tomorrow? And do they only update for those who receive an A?

Good luck to everyone!
Someone said 10/11 am eastern. I guess I’m not sleeping tonight lmao

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A!!!!!! I haven't received an email but I just checked my portal!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS A!!!!!! I haven't received an email but I just checked my portal!!!!
Congratulations! I don't see any update on my portal, so I assume I didn't get it. Congrats to everyone else who gets an A today!

Reactions: 1 user
Since this is the last day, I assume if you don't have anything on the portal that means either a WL or R. Oh well, I'm happy with where I'm planning to go, but Emory would've been a dream. Congrats everyone who has been accepted!

per the flyer:

ALTERNATE STATUS

Interviewed applicants who have not been accepted will be notified BY EMAIL no later than March 30 if they have been selected for ALTERNATE STATUS.
Alternates are strongly encouraged to complete their financial aid application, especially if a decision to attend Emory could be dependent upon financial aid.

ALTERNATE ACCEPTANCES
Accepted alternates will be notified BY TELEPHONE.
Alternates may be accepted anytime until M1 Orientation.”

i assume Rs will come around the same time

If you aren’t WL’d, do you just get ghosted or are there actual post-II R’s?

i’m assuming that that sentence means by the end of this month you get alt or R

Members don't see this ad :)
I think for those of us that haven’t got the A, we’re unfortunately cooked.

it’s pretty obvious, tab says admissions decision

i interviewed in february, but haven't heard anything or had any updates on the portal. is there any timeline for which they'll let us know?
'll

i interviewed in february, but haven't heard anything or had any updates on the portal. is there any timeline for which they'll let us know?
'll

Based on previous threads it seems like WL offers will come out next week or the week after, but that the initial round of A’s is done. I’m not sure if they do post-II R’s

hi, when can we expect more information about visit day or financial aid?
I called the office a few weeks ago and they said they really aren’t sure when they will finalize the dates. Hopefully soon but I know they want to do it before the April 30 deadline lol

Has anybody heard back about financial aid from Emory?

Has anyone received a WL or R yet? I think they said they would let us know by March 30th, and we're getting close to then...
Also, anyone have an idea of what the WL movement has looked like in past years? Like do they accept a lot of people off of the WL?

Reactions: 2 users
OOS AL. Still unsure if everyone who isn’t initially accepted gets AL’d post-II but adding the data point for future applicants

IS alternate list. Interviewed back in November, also not sure if they give anyone post-II rejections or if everyone is just on the AL

Are they making us write an essay this year, I can’t check the portal at this moment, but in years past they made people write one?

Alternate List, there's a prompt about why were interested.... ive already written a million of these at this point like really

I don’t want to let anybody down, but want to manage expectations. I have checked the past ~5 years of Emory SDN threads and there is historically very little or no waitlist movement. It makes sense considering Emory’s elite status and people not likely to choose another school over it. Here’s to this year may be different!