2023-2024 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waiting for the “we’ll try to have scholarship decisions out by April” email…😩

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is Vivek on the scholarship committee? Bc they've had me edging for months

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Did the accepted students GroupMe get deleted? The old link doesn't work anymore and the group is gone

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone still debating on either Louisville or UK?
Yes as an OOS. Honestly don’t think we can go wrong with either, definitely lots of pros for both schools. Plus cost of living seems similar. Only major difference in price, I saw as OOS, is UK tuition is a couple thousand dollars more. I didn’t get a chance to see the Louisville buildings, but UK definitely looks cool.

If i was waitlisted November 29th, OOS, LM of 70 do i have a good chance of getting in? The waiting game is starting to eat at me and I have been rejected from all other schools. Praying for anyone else struggling with this cycle 🙏

• Care
Withdrew my A today. This one was hard, as it had the best financial aid/scholarship of any of my schools. I was very tempted lol!

I hope it goes to one of you awesome folks. Good luck!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A today. This one was hard, as it had the best financial aid/scholarship of any of my schools. I was very tempted lol!

I hope it goes to one of you awesome folks. Good luck!!
IS or OOS?

Just withdrew my OOS A with a 4 year merit scholarship. It was so so painful to send the email, but I know the A and scholarship are going to go to someone so deserving!! Best of luck to you all :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Also got OOS A from the waitlist this morning!! Email and call around 11am. Don't lose hope - I believe in you all!!

Reactions: 3 users
I’m currently instate and on the waitlist. Was told there’s usually 150 ppl on waitlist but kind of confused on how it works. Are there separate waitlists for IS and OOS, each with 75 people? Since its ranked do they just pull from the top or do they try to replace applicants with similar applicants?

Can I expect a rejection letter anytime now or do they wait to reject waitlisters until the first day of class?

I’m currently instate and on the waitlist. Was told there’s usually 150 ppl on waitlist but kind of confused on how it works. Are there separate waitlists for IS and OOS, each with 75 people? Since its ranked do they just pull from the top or do they try to replace applicants with similar applicants?

Can I expect a rejection letter anytime now or do they wait to reject waitlisters until the first day of class?
I'm in the same boat as you and I think, from what I have gathered, they might have 2 lists: one OOS and one IS. based on who decides to leave and where they are from, the same type (IS or OOS) of student will get in. So like if 3 OOS withdrew, theres 3 spots for waitlist OOS. I haven't seen any posts about IS withdrawing in favor of other schools, which is scaring me, but there are more seats for IS. Wishing the both of us lots of luck and A's! *fingers crossed*

I'm in the same boat as you and I think, from what I have gathered, they might have 2 lists: one OOS and one IS. based on who decides to leave and where they are from, the same type (IS or OOS) of student will get in. So like if 3 OOS withdrew, theres 3 spots for waitlist OOS. I haven't seen any posts about IS withdrawing in favor of other schools, which is scaring me, but there are more seats for IS. Wishing the both of us lots of luck and A's! *fingers crossed*
I actually reread my waitlist email after posting, which answered a few of my questions 🤦‍♀️, IS and OOS are separate lists and they accept who’s next on the list through mid-July. I guess we can’t expect rejections until after that, which sucks given the application cycle timeline. Not sure if there’s 75 on IS and 75 on OOS waitlists, it’d be nice to have a better idea of what our chances are. Thank you for the good wishes, hoping we both get the call this week!

Do you think it’d annoy them if I asked what third of the waitlist I’m in if I don’t hear anything by the end of next week? They’ve stated they don’t disclose ranks, but technically they didn’t say we couldn’t ask about what tier we are. They used to tell people I believe.

Do you think it’d annoy them if I asked what third of the waitlist I’m in if I don’t hear anything by the end of next week? They’ve stated they don’t disclose ranks, but technically they didn’t say we couldn’t ask about what tier we are. They used to tell people I believe.
I think you can ask them to indicate whether you are towards the front or not. You can also gauge by asking whether they gave an offer to people at your rank in the past or even just last year. Might give a better picture

You're invited to my new group 'ULSOM 28’' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

since the old one was deleted..

FYI if you’re an accepted student you will receive an email with the official accepted student GroupMe link which we are all in. Feel free to email uoflsom directly and they will redirect your email to the orientation committee member who is handling all this. There are 90 or so accepted students as of now in the official GroupMe for those curious

I think you can ask them to indicate whether you are towards the front or not. You can also gauge by asking whether they gave an offer to people at your rank in the past or even just last year. Might give a better picture
I may do that, at least if they tell me I’m at the end I can’t stop holding my breath. thanks!

I may do that, at least if they tell me I’m at the end I can’t stop holding my breath. thanks!
If you do it and they do tell you something, can you let us know? You don’t have to say where you fell but just if they respond about it…