2023-2024 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all, here’s some (hopefully) helpful info. I talked to my sibling, and they mentioned that from asking around current EAP students, there are ~150 confirmed acceptances to the current cohort, meaning those numbers are locked in and aren’t changing. The next cohort is expected to have 195-200 students, so there’s about 45-50 seats left for grabs. Hopefully this helps, but again, this is all second hand info, even though I’m sure it’s pretty accurate.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, here’s some (hopefully) helpful info. I talked to my sibling, and they mentioned that from asking around current EAP students, there are ~150 confirmed acceptances to the current cohort, meaning those numbers are locked in and aren’t changing. The next cohort is expected to have 195-200 students, so there’s about 45-50 seats left for grabs. Hopefully this helps, but again, this is all second hand info, even though I’m sure it’s pretty accurate.
Does this mean that so far they have accepted 150 kids from just the early assurance programs? Or is this number including the regular decisions that have been sent out

Does this mean that so far they have accepted 150 kids from just the early assurance programs? Or is this number including the regular decisions that have been sent out
The 150 would have to include regular decision too

Members don't see this ad :)
A from WL yesterday evening. Will likely withdraw eventually

Reactions: 2 users
Are there any current EAP students that are willing to answer some questions for me?

Could somebody please send me a link to an accepted student groupchat or fb page? Got in yesterday, taking the seat, OOS

Do we know how many are on WL rn? I know at one point it could've been as many as 500-600.

Do we know how many are on WL rn? I know at one point it could've been as many as 500-600.
I believe it started with 600. At this point there's no way to know the current number since we don't know how many people have withdrawn from the AL or received acceptances :/

I believe it started with 600. At this point there's no way to know the current number since we don't know how many people have withdrawn from the AL or received acceptances :/
Yes for 2024 cycle it was around 600 but I think maybe now it’s much lower than that.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
If there are any more admitted students here the official Facebook group is here: Log into Facebook

They posted it on Canvas but it seems like it kind of got buried. The groupme link is in that fb group.

IS A from WL yesterday (LM 72). Will be withdrawing.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS A (strong ties?) from WL yesterday (LM 77). Going to try and tour the schools and surrounding areas I’ve been accepted to before making a final decision

Reactions: 3 users
OOS A (strong ties?) from WL yesterday (LM 77). Going to try and tour the schools and surrounding areas I’ve been accepted to before making a final decision
Just a fair warning there is not much out that way besides kent and akron. Cleveland is about 45 minutes each way. The campus itself is off the exit and some students live in the housing there. My friends who go there enjoy it a lot despite it being a quieter area.

Just a fair warning there is not much out that way besides kent and akron. Cleveland is about 45 minutes each way. The campus itself is off the exit and some students live in the housing there. My friends who go there enjoy it a lot despite it being a quieter area.
Thanks for the heads up! I’ve been living in Cleveland for the past year but I haven’t made it down as far as the campus yet

Has anybody on the pre-II waitlist received any other communication after the email saying they'd hold our application until June?

Hopefully we will get the acceptance this week!!!!

Friendly reminder to withdraw your acceptance or spot on the AL if you decided to go elsewhere and give us waiting a chance!

Hi all, so if you remember my last post, I mentioned the confirmed seat status (of which there are roughly ~160 confirmed seats now out of 195 expected seats for 2024 cohort, meaning 35 seats left). I figured out how they are getting the estimates (and some accepted students can verify this for me). There is a Canvas group for all accepted students and it has a roster of all accepted applicants (not sure how many of you all are familiar with Canvas layout).

Bottom line, the estimates are quite accurate, so only 35 seats left. I think NEOMED did a good job maintaining a high yield of applicants who actually want to go here, which is good news for the school in terms of numbers on paper but bad news for applicants who were hoping for the waitlist to move quickly.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, so if you remember my last post, I mentioned the confirmed seat status (of which there are roughly ~160 confirmed seats now out of 195 expected seats for 2024 cohort, meaning 35 seats left). I figured out how they are getting the estimates (and some accepted students can verify this for me). There is a Canvas group for all accepted students and it has a roster of all accepted applicants (not sure how many of you all are familiar with Canvas layout).

Bottom line, the estimates are quite accurate, so only 35 seats left. I think NEOMED did a good job maintaining a high yield of applicants who actually want to go here, which is good news for the school in terms of numbers on paper but bad news for applicants who were hoping for the waitlist to move quickly.
There’s only like 70 traditional applicant spots to begin with the rest is coming from the EAP

There’s only like 70 traditional applicant spots to begin with the rest is coming from the EAP
Yeah I was gonna say this. It sounds like they still haven’t filled like half their RD seats.

Still looking for information regarding the EAP programs, if anybody knows a current / former EAP student, or is one themselves, plz plz plz shoot a pm!

I was accepted today off the AL literally just now and declined my spot best of luck all

Reactions: 6 users
Got accepted today while preparing for another interview tomorrow! It feels like my whole life just turned around!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
my stats since a couple people have asked

ORM no ties
3.3cgpa
3.1sgpa
3.9 postbacc
499->502->518 mcat
Lots of clinical and volunteer hours
minimal research