2023-2024 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have around 400 words for each response. the 600 word limit feels very high for some of the questions. does it reflect badly not to try to use more of provided space?
i have the same question, i think 400-500 is fine as long as u feel like u effectively answer the question

Members don't see this ad.

IS II RECEIVED!! Toledo is my alma mater!!

Edit: LM 70, complete 7/21

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MMI format, no traditional interview. 8 different MMI prompts asking about how you'd act or what your opinions are in different scenarios. Once you get your interview they will never bring up your primary or secondary again. Closed file./
For the Early Assurance Pathway application do you need to submit all the ACT or SAT scores or can you submit only the highest score?

For the Early Assurance Pathway application do you need to submit all the ACT or SAT scores or can you submit only the highest score?
I'm really sorry but I don't know that information! The admissions office is receptive to calls and emails so I would def ask them

If I applied to their MedStart (wasn't through AMCAS, they had a separate portal, and didn't need MCAT) program like 2 years ago and was rejected pre-II, am I considered a reapplicant? "Are you a re-applicant to the MD program at The University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences?"

Last edited:
If I applied to their MedStart (wasn't through AMCAS, they had a separate portal, and didn't need MCAT) program like 2 years ago and was rejected pre-II, am I considered a reapplicant? "Are you a re-applicant to the MD program at The University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences?"
I emailed them with this question. You would not click re-applicant, but where it asks if you have applied to medstart before you would put yes.

I emailed them with this question. You would not click re-applicant, but where it asks if you have applied to medstart before you would put yes.
Would I do that even if I didn't make it to the interview? Like click yes and say that I didn't interview with them or just click no.

Would I do that even if I didn't make it to the interview? Like click yes and say that I didn't interview with them or just click no.
Hmm not sure. I see now that it asks if you have interviewed for medstart before, not just applied. I interviewed, so I put yes. In your case, I am not sure. I would imagine you click no since you didn't interview, but I'd email them and clarify. Their admissions office is very helpful over email.

OOS II today! No ties, AMCAS reapplicant. Feeling very surprised and grateful!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed yet and have any tips/insights? I interview tomorrow
Have fun!!! Honestly when I interviewed I had a blast by just letting loose and answering authentically. You'll find that trying to make premade responses won't get you far with the prompts Toledo asks, so try not to expect anything and good luck!

To my MedStart people, we have to wait until Januaryish to hear anything, right? Just wondering if anyone has heard or seen otherwise with IIs

was anyone else thinking today would be the day they send more IIs

Reactions: 1 users
To my MedStart people, we have to wait until Januaryish to hear anything, right? Just wondering if anyone has heard or seen otherwise with IIs

I emailed them in September and they said they send interviews out in December/January with interviews being conducted January/february.

IS II
LM 70
complete 8/17
couple dates in oct and nov were available

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
I just looked at my application and realized I put "No" for "Are you applying as a legal resident of Ohio?" which I am... oops :( Should I contact someone from admissions about this or do you think it will have no effect on my decision? I did mention that I lived in Ohio for my whole life, but I don't know if my answer to the initial question makes me any less IS? Thoughts?

I just looked at my application and realized I put "No" for "Are you applying as a legal resident of Ohio?" which I am... oops :( Should I contact someone from admissions about this or do you think it will have no effect on my decision? I did mention that I lived in Ohio for my whole life, but I don't know if my answer to the initial question makes me any less IS? Thoughts?
Definitely contact them! They have an instate preference!!

Has anyone who interviewed here already heard anything back? My interview group was told to expect a decision before Halloween and it's getting close haha.

Has anyone who interviewed here already heard anything back? My interview group was told to expect a decision before Halloween and it's getting close haha.
I have not heard back since the interview either, really hoping to know soon
My year I was told I'd hear back in 2-4 weeks and it took over a month :/ try not to let it affect your view of the school because I'm very happy I came here as are the many other students here. I still heard back before Thanksgiving! If it means anything to you, I interviewed 10/08 of my year and got my acceptance 11/16

• Care
  • Love
My year I was told I'd hear back in 2-4 weeks and it took over a month :/ try not to let it affect your view of the school because I'm very happy I came here as are the many other students here. I still heard back before Thanksgiving! If it means anything to you, I interviewed 10/08 of my year and got my acceptance 11/16
Thanks for the perspective on what happened your year! Doesn't affect my view at all, they're my top choice so I'm just anxious hahahaha

• Care
  • Love
OOS II Just now!!!! FIRST II LETS FREAKEN GOOOOOOOO!! Complete 08/01!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
OOS II today!! LM 63. Complete 8/1 :)

• Love