2023-2024 Uniformed Services (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no one seems to be put on "hold," just cricket silence...
Was also wondering if anyone has been put on hold yet. I haven’t heard anything back since being complete 8/7

Members don't see this ad.

I know! I rather them telling me "hold" or reject, instead of leaving me hanging like this. i contacted them, i feel my application is collecting dust somewhere but they said my file is under review and there is just nothing more to tell me. but i saw in last year's thread, people received "hold" at this time... they really need to admit people who want to serve. i read milmed forum and people on there are jaded and cynical and i am like why did you apply in the first place?? so toxic! these admission people have a responsibility to fill a class with people who actually want to be in the military

I know! I rather them telling me "hold" or reject, instead of leaving me hanging like this. i contacted them, i feel my application is collecting dust somewhere but they said my file is under review and there is just nothing more to tell me. but i saw in last year's thread, people received "hold" at this time... they really need to admit people who want to serve. i read milmed forum and people on there are jaded and cynical and i am like why did you apply in the first place?? so toxic! these admission people have a responsibility to fill a class with people who actually want to be in the military
Why do you think they aren't doing that? The admissions committee isn't accepting people who don't indicate a passion for military medicine. Maybe some people misrepresent themselves in interviews, but I certainly don't think it's fair to suggest admissions isn't putting forth their best effort to choose the students who they believe are the best fit for the school and the medical corps.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A (Navy) via email @ 06:30 !! Interviewed week of 10/09 :biglove:

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
waitlisted 11/16 interviewed 10/9
(regular waitlist, not alternate waitlist - from the email there are two types apparently)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
waitlisted 11/16 interviewed 10/9
(regular waitlist, not alternate waitlist - from the email there are two types apparently)
you are good! probably because the class is full already... you will get off WL later

Reactions: 1 user
thank u thats good to know! Will it be appropriate to send a LOI later on to show my interest as well?
Do it! I sent it already and my admissions counselor replied instantly that she "added it to your folder"...i was surprised how fast she emailed me back

• Love
Attended the post-interview visit 11/16. Interviewed the week of 10/9. Myself and a few other applicants received an email informing us that we were put on the waitlist the same morning as our visit. LM 76. Based on last year's thread, waitlist doesn't seem to make any movement until mid-April. It was quite demoralizing to receive a waitlist email the day of the visit when I had just spent $1000 to fly across the country to visit. Still crossing my fingers for this school though!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Attended the post-interview visit 11/16. Interviewed the week of 10/9. Myself and a few other applicants received an email informing us that we were put on the waitlist the same morning as our visit. LM 76. Based on last year's thread, waitlist doesn't seem to make any movement until mid-April. It was quite demoralizing to receive a waitlist email the day of the visit when I had just spent $1000 to fly across the country to visit. Still crossing my fingers for this school though!
What is the post-interview visit? Was it sent in an email?

unfortunately because of DoD rules USU is only allowed to send 170 offers. Most medical schools accept typically double or triple the class size...so once the class is full everyone else gets waitlisted here. I spoke to a few students about it and it is a very common occurrence because they simply are not allowed to accept more than the class size at once. The waitlist has quite a quick turnover because of this later in April/May

That definitely does suck. Thank you for taking the time to share all this information with us despite that, and I hope you see the movement in April!

• Care
What is the post-interview visit? Was it sent in an email?
Yep! It was in an email that they sent me about a week and a half after my interview. They invited everybody who interviewed the same week as me to come and have some presentations about the school and tour the campus. The visit was scheduled for about 5 or 6 weeks after my interview.

(conditional) A today at 5:00 AM!!! Army, last interview 10/11

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
How long after getting the email that you passed the medical exam did you guys hear back about admission status?

How long after getting the email that you passed the medical exam did you guys hear back about admission status?
I was fully qualified on DoDMERB & security cleared a few weeks before my conditional acceptance. Then received my unconditional a few weeks later.

Just got hold email. Bummed since I was also put on hold last year.

• Care
Hi everyone, I applied for the MD/PhD program and my application was marked complete around mid-October. Today, I received a status update email which stated the following:

"""
the Admissions Committee is impressed with everything you have already accomplished. As a result, we are holding your application for continued review. The Committee would like to review a greater proportion of our entire applicant pool before making a final decision on whether we can offer you an interview invitation.

Our team will continue to review your application on a regular basis. As time progresses, we hope to be able to offer you an interview in the future.

"""

I wanted to know if anyone else received an email like this. Is this basically a waitlist? It's not the best news but it's also not the worst. I am actually very happy to finally receive an update since this was the only school that I applied to this cycle. I just don't want to get my hopes up too much haha.

Hey yall there is a GroupMe! Slowly growing with new admits :) DM me if you need the link!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone, I applied for the MD/PhD program and my application was marked complete around mid-October. Today, I received a status update email which stated the following:

"""
the Admissions Committee is impressed with everything you have already accomplished. As a result, we are holding your application for continued review. The Committee would like to review a greater proportion of our entire applicant pool before making a final decision on whether we can offer you an interview invitation.

Our team will continue to review your application on a regular basis. As time progresses, we hope to be able to offer you an interview in the future.

"""

I wanted to know if anyone else received an email like this. Is this basically a waitlist? It's not the best news but it's also not the worst. I am actually very happy to finally receive an update since this was the only school that I applied to this cycle. I just don't want to get my hopes up too much haha.
I just got the same thing too but I applied regular MD. If anything happens to us at this point, it's most likely waitlist/ soon to be rejected I'm assuming since it looks like the spots are filling up. I don't like this middle area either but I guess it's better than radio silence

II received today OOS! It is for January. Anyone know if that is too late for an interview does that mean likely WL? LM 71

Waitlist this morning for Navy, interviewed in Mid-October

how long after our interview should we expect a decision
they give timelines in the email but my interviewer said many people hear around 30 days after, this was true for me!

how long did everyone wait after submitting the secondary for an ii invite? 4-6 weeks?

do you not find out post II results until you've finished the physical exams?

from my personal experience you can get a conditional acceptance before all the physical exams are sorted. I have a heart murmur (a disqualifying condition) and received a conditional acceptance a month before I had sorted out all of medical waiver paperwork and doctors visits. After that was sorted it took about a week for me to receive my unconditional acceptance

Hey for those who interviewed how are you supposed to schedule your physical exam if you are a civilian? Has been a week since my interview invitation, which I confirmed, but haven't received any communication from DoD?

Hey for those who interviewed how are you supposed to schedule your physical exam if you are a civilian? Has been a week since my interview invitation, which I confirmed, but haven't received any communication from DoD?

Civilian applicant here. I believe I was contacted by DODMERB a few days after my II came in. They may just be busy this time of year, but iirc it says on the interview webpage that you can reach out to your contact for information if it’s been more than a week and you haven’t heard back.

from my personal experience you can get a conditional acceptance before all the physical exams are sorted. I have a heart murmur (a disqualifying condition) and received a conditional acceptance a month before I had sorted out all of medical waiver paperwork and doctors visits. After that was sorted it took about a week for me to receive my unconditional acceptance
can i pm you about the heart murmur experience?

current ms1. It depends on when you get your acceptance, waitlist or rejection. If you are expected to get your results before march (it is not uncommon to get your results much later) then you can receive the conditional beforehand. HOWEVER, it is important to realize that getting waitlisted is very normal so being cleared will keep you closer in line when they accept their first batch of the new class of their waitlist in may.