2023-2024 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thank you so much for your feedback! How likely do you think it will be for WCUCOM to move through the entire alt list?
highly highly likely ;) each year since i've been here they've been pulling people up to interview up until 2-3 weeks before classes start.

Members don't see this ad.

highly highly likely ;) each year since i've been here they've been pulling people up to interview up until 2-3 weeks before classes start.
thats a breath of fresh air lol....im looking at apartments now and want to put down a deposit but dont want to do so prematurely until I know for sure. Can I pm you?

Last edited:
Any Canadians here willing to answer a few questions about WCUCOM / moving? Got an A and am considering whether I should commit. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
how safe is the downtown Hattiesburg area? I know the loft apartments there aren't as recommended for students due to the noise but besides that, I was curious to see what the area is like and if the apartment complex itself is decent

hi! do any current students have anki decks for oms1 courses? ive been out of school for almost two years and i’d benefit from daily practice to refresh myself on the basics..

hi! do any current students have anki decks for oms1 courses? ive been out of school for almost two years and i’d benefit from daily practice to refresh myself on the basics..
Most people use Anking deck at med school

Reactions: 1 user
A received earlier today! Interviewed 4/15. Any accepted students group me?

Reactions: 1 users
Most people use Anking deck at med school
Is the AnKing deck suitable study material for exams at William Carey ? I heard that older students may pass on some decks down to OMS-1 students-- or at least thats what I'm hoping for haha

Our class will pass down the anki decks we used for yall im sure!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Is the AnKing deck suitable study material for exams at William Carey ? I heard that older students may pass on some decks down to OMS-1 students-- or at least thats what I'm hoping for haha
I've used Anking exclusively in OMS2 and done very well, supplementing with lecture slides of course. I used class decks in OMS1 pretty liberally, especially for anatomy. Anking was useful for biochem!

I got a secondary 03/21 and submitted 03/24. I emailed them letter of interest on 4/15 and no response. Any chance of receiving an interview? I saw something about high interview invite rates post-secondaries, but not too sure how true this is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a secondary 03/21 and submitted 03/24. I emailed them letter of interest on 4/15 and no response. Any chance of receiving an interview? I saw something about high interview invite rates post-secondaries, but not too sure how true this is.
Try calling them, I find that is helpful

I am still waiting from WCUCOM but working with College Ave for a different school which also does for WCUCOM
Thank you for the info. What interest rate is College Ave giving you? And do you have a co-signer? I am currently working with Sallie Mae but their interest rate is 15%.

Just got an interview invite! Also, I took casper last year and tried to add this school to the recipient list today but I wasn't able to. Will this be a problem?

Just got an interview invite! Also, I took casper last year and tried to add this school to the recipient list today but I wasn't able to. Will this be a problem?
Dont think so. I got an A before my casper results were sent. But maybe you should book casper for this year regardless.

I got an A and haven't taken my CASPER test yet so I don't think so.

Are there any current students who can talk about their experience with clinical rotations? Do they provide assistance in finding rotations for 4th year or is it completely on you to find them?

Are there any current students who can talk about their experience with clinical rotations? Do they provide assistance in finding rotations for 4th year or is it completely on you to find them?
i'm a second year almost 3rd year, but I will say 4th year rotations you find on your own, which is a GOOD thing. most people will do a few rotations at their 3rd year hubsite, but especially if you want to go to a competitive specialty, you can audition at any place you really want to. Most audition rotations are applied for and scheduled through VSLO, sort of like AMCAS etc.

how safe is the downtown Hattiesburg area? I know the loft apartments there aren't as recommended for students due to the noise but besides that, I was curious to see what the area is like and if the apartment complex itself is decent
i know some people that live there and they really love it, minus the noise! downtown is safe enough during the day but i wouldn't walk about after dark!

i'm a second year almost 3rd year, but I will say 4th year rotations you find on your own, which is a GOOD thing. most people will do a few rotations at their 3rd year hubsite, but especially if you want to go to a competitive specialty, you can audition at any place you really want to. Most audition rotations are applied for and scheduled through VSLO, sort of like AMCAS etc.
Thanks for the info! I'm currently weighing my acceptance and that was something I was really concerned about. Can you describe your experience living in the area?

Thanks for the info! I'm currently weighing my acceptance and that was something I was really concerned about. Can you describe your experience living in the area?
its very college town vibes! lots of fun places, lots of good places to eat, hang out with people, etc. lots of good coffee shops. not a ton of shopping but you can find everything you need! and its nice being close to NOLA and the beach!

You have to do at lease 2 rotations at your 3rd year hubsite which are EM and Rural Med. But if you manage to do EM during your 3rd year then just rural med for 4th year. VSLO and clinician nexus are there but honestly I feel like it's a scam. I'm a 3rd almost 4th year student at carey and yoloing my money on this VSLO thing. It's kinda sad to see a few acceptance and a bunch rejections when I apply to 30 programs lol.

You have to do at lease 2 rotations at your 3rd year hubsite which are EM and Rural Med. But if you manage to do EM during your 3rd year then just rural med for 4th year. VSLO and clinician nexus are there but honestly I feel like it's a scam. I'm a 3rd almost 4th year student at carey and yoloing my money on this VSLO thing. It's kinda sad to see a few acceptance and a bunch rejections when I apply to 30 programs lol.
yeah the OMS3 and 4 curriculum that we got this year said we have to do EM and rural med but that we could do it anywhere... who knows if that'll change though... and yeah the financial part of it all definitely feels like a scam hahaha

Do any one know what is the status alternate list at WCUCOM mean? Placed on AL today, interviewed 04/18

Last edited:
it means if someone drops their acceptance they'll pull you (or whoever is next on the AL) up!
Does this school have both a waitlist and an alternate list? I know some schools that have both which pull from the alternate list only after they go through the waitlist.

is there anything on the AACOM website that we have to do to officially accept the offer after paying the seat deposit to wcucom?

Was put on AL yesterday, but got the A email today!!

after you paid your seat deposit, will more info be sent in an email or something? I paid my deposit this week but have heard nothing back other than confirmation that they recieved the payment.

after you paid your seat deposit, will more info be sent in an email or something? I paid my deposit this week but have heard nothing back other than confirmation that they recieved the payment.
yea you'll get it later

yeah the OMS3 and 4 curriculum that we got this year said we have to do EM and rural med but that we could do it anywhere... who knows if that'll change though... and yeah the financial part of it all definitely feels like a scam hahaha

Hey, I just got an A, and seeing as we have similar backgrounds I wanted to reach out just to ask a few questions.

I tried to PM you but its not letting me, would you be able to start the conversation?

Got my interview invite for last cycle 1 year ago today and today I'm studying for finals and almost through my first year at WCUCOM. I got WL then accepted on 6/9. Friendly reminder, it's not over till it's over. Keep your head up and message me if you need anything. Good luck with the rest of the app cycle y'all. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Got my interview invite for last cycle 1 year ago today and today I'm studying for finals and almost through my first year at WCUCOM. I got WL then accepted on 6/9. Friendly reminder, it's not over till it's over. Keep your head up and message me if you need anything. Good luck with the rest of the app cycle y'all. :)
By WL do you mean the "alternate list?" Also, do you know if everyone is guaranteed to get off the alternate list?

By WL do you mean the "alternate list?" Also, do you know if everyone is guaranteed to get off the alternate list?
As per WCUCOM, they have three status AL, Defer( no decision untill AL is exhausted, and then ranked), Reject. AL is ranked, since the interviews goes till the end, the ranking might ascend/descend. It doesn't look "guaranteed to get off" unless application has better ranking. There might be movement after final deposit deadline on May 9th

Last edited: