This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thepicketfence

Reaction score
I took the ADAT today and wanted to share my experience. I prepared by using B and B dental and doing all the pre practice tests and videos, ADAT knockout (2 times through), mental dental YouTube videos, Randy Neil biostatistics videos, and miscellaneous YouTube videos to solidify certain concepts. I took notes on all the videos and questions. I studied for about 2 months and spent an average of 4 hours a day. I was very confident in about 90% of my study material and could probably quote you the answer explanations from ADAT knockout. I knew the mnemonics, the tricks, the tips, etc. However, I feel that I over prepared in numerous aspects of the exam that I was asked no questions about. Roughly 25% of the exam were questions on things I had never seen before. Within the resources I used, less than 50% of the material (that’s very generous) was even mentioned on the exam. Huge concepts and topics I knew I would be asked were not asked at all. I feel the test was very specific in the fine details of certain concepts that were never mentioned in any of my study material. I expected to leave the exam feeling very confident, but I feel my preparation left me in the 60-70% correct range. Maybe this is normal though?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
How was the biostatistics portion of your exam- do you feel knockout was reflective of it?

How was the biostatistics portion of your exam- do you feel knockout was reflective of it?
Yeah I was very comfortable with knockout biostats. Ide say it’s good enough for 70%. The questions were much more conceptual and I had a couple questions where I did not even understand what they were asking. It certainly required more brain power than knockout.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the best bet to stick to knockout knowing that the adat always tests fine details of random concepts? I have my exam in 2 weeks and I've heard everyone saying its so random, and that its hard to prepare for no matter what

Is the best bet to stick to knockout knowing that the adat always tests fine details of random concepts? I have my exam in 2 weeks and I've heard everyone saying its so random, and that its hard to prepare for no matter what
Really all you can do is stick to knockout. It’s very random and you will see plenty of things that you haven’t seen before. With that, knockout has several word for word “random” questions that will show up on the exam. So not knowing knockout will hurt you even more.

If I could do it again I would know knockout, mental dental, and study for about 2 weeks. I would have felt the same as I do now.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, I have taken ADAT yesterday and I feel same as you did. I guess i did answer around 70% correct . The questions were really specific and I dont know how anybody would know answers to such questions. I spent a lot of time preparing for the exam(4 months, 8 hours a day) and I am a lil disappointed that the questions were vague and they didn't test on the concepts I was focusing on.

Study material I used:
ADAT KO
First Aid Part 1
INBDE Booster
Youtube Videos for Biostats and a few other sections
A lot of tests from various sources

Clinical sciences was the hardest part for me.

Hey, I have taken ADAT yesterday and I feel same as you did. I guess i did answer around 70% correct . The questions were really specific and I dont know how anybody would know answers to such questions. I spent a lot of time preparing for the exam(4 months, 8 hours a day) and I am a lil disappointed that the questions were vague and they didn't test on the concepts I was focusing on.

Study material I used:
ADAT KO
First Aid Part 1
INBDE Booster
Youtube Videos for Biostats and a few other sections
A lot of tests from various sources

Clinical sciences was the hardest part for me.
Is there anything you would've done differently?

What's the main reasons dstudents take ADAT?
Just to stand out to certain residency programs that do accept/consider ADAT on application?

I took the ADAT today and wanted to share my experience. I prepared by using B and B dental and doing all the pre practice tests and videos, ADAT knockout (2 times through), mental dental YouTube videos, Randy Neil biostatistics videos, and miscellaneous YouTube videos to solidify certain concepts. I took notes on all the videos and questions. I studied for about 2 months and spent an average of 4 hours a day. I was very confident in about 90% of my study material and could probably quote you the answer explanations from ADAT knockout. I knew the mnemonics, the tricks, the tips, etc. However, I feel that I over prepared in numerous aspects of the exam that I was asked no questions about. Roughly 25% of the exam were questions on things I had never seen before. Within the resources I used, less than 50% of the material (that’s very generous) was even mentioned on the exam. Huge concepts and topics I knew I would be asked were not asked at all. I feel the test was very specific in the fine details of certain concepts that were never mentioned in any of my study material. I expected to leave the exam feeling very confident, but I feel my preparation left me in the 60-70% correct range. Maybe this is normal though?
Hey! I think it is normal to feel that way - I felt the same after I took it a couple of years ago and did better than I had expected - would you mind sharing how you ended up doing on the exam?

How many days did it take to get ur results and do u think they curve ??

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone took the ADAT or taking it soon I would like to ask few questions

Is there anything you would've done differently?
Nope, I would follow the same resources and revise a few more times.
In addition, I would have never known answers to a few questions, unless I happen to come across by chance. so, I think there are around 20 questions as such which are totally random.

Nothing about the results yet ???

Reactions: 1 user
DTS was down for 9 days, during which they said they would not be processing scores or new applications. I believe this has led to a delay in scores. I'm curious to see when they start releasing scores from early March.

Finally the scores have arrived

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpeg
    IMG_1198.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: 5 users
Nope, I would follow the same resources and revise a few more times.
In addition, I would have never known answers to a few questions, unless I happen to come across by chance. so, I think there are around 20 questions as such which are totally random.
Hi i have my exam in 2 weeks. Do you think KO is enough for biomedical section? I didn’t use any other resource of the biomedical part.

Hi i have my exam in 2 weeks. Do you think KO is enough for biomedical section? I didn’t use any other resource of the biomedical part.
No, Knock out is definitely not enough. But, be thorough with it.