2024 USNWR Medical School Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeingCheesy

big cheese
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sneak preview of this years rankings are out. Looks like US News intends to include withdrawn schools moving forward using past and publicly available information. What are people's thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Some quick initial thoughts:

Seems like greater emphasis was placed on faculty:student ratio, which I personally think is a nice measure of education quality. Also the inclusion of an NIH grant awards metric for research quality was added. Personally, I'm a big fan of this addition given how shady industry funding can sometimes be. Overall, I think this year's rankings is a step in the right direction. Of course, not everyone will be happy, but the criteria for the survey seems to be shifting in the right direction.

Sneak preview of this years rankings are out. Looks like US News intends to include withdrawn schools moving forward using past and publicly available information. What are people's thoughts?

JHU must be having a field day looking at this ranking. Harvard and NYU on the other hand...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
JHU must be having a field day looking at this ranking. Harvard and NYU on the other hand...
Won't be long before NYU puts out a press release stating they've decided to withdraw from the rankings as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.