20K for NP to call herself Doctor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narcotics999

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

The said nurse is a DNP.

Members don't see this ad.

That’s at least $100k less than it cost me to use the word “doctor” (med school tuition)....

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Here’s her GoFundMe so you can help pay for her legal fees, since she is clearly the victim in this entire scenario.

Unbelievable.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Here’s her GoFundMe so you can help pay for her legal fees, since she is clearly the victim in this entire scenario.

Unbelievable.

What's with these nurses and their victim complex? How about all the patients she defrauded?

Reactions: 4 users
Falling on her sword to be called doctor...yet the most important thing is to take good care of patients...well, taking good care of patients and the ego stroke of being called doctor...but a different kind of doctor...but a provider doctor....it's about the patient.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who doesn't already should check out Noctor on reddit.
I still, sometimes, think about trademarking “anursthetist”, or maybe “anursthesiologist”......

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Nope. Not at all. There are physicians out there who literally think like this. That DNP nurses have earned that title and therefore need to own this. I have seen it online on sites like IG and TiKTok and maybe even on here. Some docs have been brainwashed to think this is OK. Or they don’t want to piss off nurses they are making money off.
It’s all politics.
Her supervising physician told the nurse to own her DNP title and call herself doctor? Yeah that smells like b.s.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. Not at all. There are physicians out there who literally think like this. That DNP nurses have earned that title and therefore need to own this. I have seen it online on sites like IG and TiKTok and maybe even on here. Some docs have been brainwashed to think this is OK. Or they don’t want to piss off nurses they are making money off.
It’s all politics.

Greed is a big motivator especially when the doc is making money off the nurses back they'll say what they will to make them happy in lieu of money

Reactions: 3 users
Greed is a big motivator especially when the doc is making money off the nurses back they'll say what they will to make them happy in lieu of money
Talk is literally cheap.

Which reminds me of my favorite motto as an employee:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting - i agree with this in principle.

Patients can have different expectations from physicians vs midlevel providers. To pose as a physician and furthermore engage in treatment without the patient's clear consent or understanding, it could be harmful and unsafe.

20k fine seems like a very a meager fine. Sounds like there was potential for harm and patients may have been misleaded.

I think this is a huge issue that needs to be addressed at more than just a state level. I like the large “doctor” and “nurse” tags the hospital puts under ID badges, it’s a start as everyone in the hosptial seems to wear a white coat at this point.

Reactions: 2 users

Seriously though, as soon as she got caught, she immediately went into “poor helpless nurse” mode and played the victim card, claiming she didn’t think she did anything wrong and then marketed her financial hardship to gain pity and subsequent donations. If you don’t even want to pay for your crimes then are you really even sorry? Zero remorse, zero accountability, when the very act she perpetuated is fraud in its simplest form..

Googling fraud:

a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

Reactions: 6 users
Seriously though, as soon as she got caught, she immediately went into “poor helpless nurse” mode and played the victim card, claiming she didn’t think she did anything wrong and then marketed her financial hardship to gain pity and subsequent donations. If you don’t even want to pay for your crimes then are you really even sorry? Zero remorse, zero accountability, when the very act she perpetuated is fraud in its simplest form..

Googling fraud:

a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

This nurse has all the publicity she needs on the internet. I don't think anyone who googles her will ever mistake her for a doctor.

Doesn’t gofundme have a policy against this type of fundraising? this was fraud. i don’t think you can fundraise to pay off fines for that…

20k fine seems like a very a meager fine. Sounds like there was potential for harm and patients may have been misleaded.

I think this is a huge issue that needs to be addressed at more than just a state level. I like the large “doctor” and “nurse” tags the hospital puts under ID badges, it’s a start as everyone in the hosptial seems to wear a white coat at this point.
Her Go Fund Me has already raised over $18k.

I will also point out that the california board of medicine complaint says she wrote prescriptions, “the majority of which were schedule 3 drugs”. Clinic was “holistic womens healing …..

• Okay...
I will also point out that the california board of medicine complaint says she wrote prescriptions, “the majority of which were schedule 3 drugs”. Clinic was “holistic womens healing …..

Holistic Whole Person Comprehensive Alternative Healing Center for the Scientifically Challenged.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
“Functional medicine” is all I needed to read.
Amen to that. I got a referral from a functional medicine 'doctor' the other day for a COPD patient who has end stage COPD (fev 18%) taking ****ing inhaled silver for some indecipherable reason but no nocturnal ventilation or advanced care discussions.

• Haha
  • Wow