21AA/20TS DAT breakdown/low TS/PAT bad??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rreed24

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I took the DAT today for the first time. A little background on me: I just finished my second year of undergrad and just finished Org1 and 2 this past fall and spring semester. Here's my breakdown:

AA 21
TS 20
PAT 20
RC 24
QR 19
BIO 18
GC 19
OC 24

I'm worried that despite my good Organic score, the 18 on bio and 19 in gen chem will hurt me. Coming right out of organic I had less trouble with this section, but I really struggled with bio and gen chem. I have been working 3-4 days a week at an oral surgeons office so I was not able to study all day every day. I studied for about 2 months while working. Does anyone have any input on these low scores and if it will hurt be too badly? I plan on applying next year so I have time to retake if I decide I need to

Members don't see this ad.

21AA and 20TS are good numbers! 18 BIO isn't fantastic, but you did a good job overall. I don't think a retake is necessary, others may disagree. If you feel inclined to retake since you are applying next year, you could always study more and take it in December!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I would say your stats are good enough to apply with! Just make sure you apply broadly and to realistic schools. I would only consider a retake if you get rejected and the schools tell you its because of your DAT score. Best of luck.

I had an 18 bio and got into Columbia and Penn plus all the schools I accepted interviews from. I think you'll be fine as long as your GPA is good!