24 Hours in the ED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That was pretty good, though I cringed to hear the phrase "ambulance drivers" not ten seconds into the piece. The self check-in via touch screen was pretty funny. Also, was it just me or was the hospital CEO wearing a short white coat?

It wasn't the worst medical piece ever...

Love Gruntdoc though. Been browsing that site of and on for a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that I condone it, but I'm shocked how often I have to explain to people what an EMT is. I guess when you say ambulance drivers they know what you are talking about. (I know you could just say paramedics, but that leaves us working folks out)

I also shuddered at the ambulance driver comment. The other thing that pissed me off is that the media makes it sound like that if you are uninsured - you cant be seen at any hospital or ED other than the "county" programs.

WTF?? I dont care if you are an illegal immigrant fresh across the border - you can go to the Cedars-Sini ED and if admitted, maybe get a room next to Brittany.

I also shuddered at the ambulance driver comment. The other thing that pissed me off is that the media makes it sound like that if you are uninsured - you cant be seen at any hospital or ED other than the "county" programs.

WTF?? I dont care if you are an illegal immigrant fresh across the border - you can go to the Cedars-Sini ED and if admitted, maybe get a room next to Brittany.

Actually I think Cedars-Sinai is pretty serious about segregating their VIPs from the hoi polloi. But yes, they'll take even the smelliest homeless dude and treat him in the ED (which I think is what makes the specialty so awesome, but I digress).