24 MCAT, 3.4 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDSlacker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am actually posting this for a friend and the stats are below.

24 MCAT (MCAT was taken 6+ times and all of the scores were consistently around 22-24 but super score would be 26-27)

Overall and science GPA 3.4; Undergraduate university was a public state school not the best reputation

Completed a MPH during the past year and had a 4.0 GPA during the MPH

Numerous extracurricular activities including president of organizations, volunteering, etc

Some research experience and working on getting something published but not yet.

Currently applying to a few in-state MD programs, 10 DO programs, and some pharmacy programs as well

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Members don't see this ad.

low chance at MD programs, moderate chance at the new low-tier DO programs, can't comment on the pharmacy programs.

What are some of the new low-tier DO programs? We are located in Ohio so I will tell them to apply to the Ohio programs but what DO programs located in the are are considered new low-tier programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are some of the new low-tier DO programs? We are located in Ohio so I will tell them to apply to the Ohio programs but what DO programs located in the are are considered new low-tier programs?

ohio university heritage college of osteopathic medicine (not new but gives heavy preference to ohio residents)
marian
liberty
acom
vcom
rocky vista
william carey
west virginia com

may not be too close to ohio but these schools are the most likely to send an interview invite based on the stats.

Absolutely foolish to retake the MCAT and try for MD programs. A low MCAT score is a risk factor for failing out of medical school or failing boards.

Your friend might have some luck with the newest of DO schools, but would be autorejected at mine.

I am actually posting this for a friend and the stats are below.

24 MCAT (MCAT was taken 6+ times and all of the scores were consistently around 22-24 but super score would be 26-27)

Overall and science GPA 3.4; Undergraduate university was a public state school not the best reputation

Completed a MPH during the past year and had a 4.0 GPA during the MPH

Numerous extracurricular activities including president of organizations, volunteering, etc

Some research experience and working on getting something published but not yet.

Currently applying to a few in-state MD programs, 10 DO programs, and some pharmacy programs as well

Let me know if you need any additional information.

With that gpa and assuming a decent pcat, reasonable shot at a pharmacy program...

But with over 6 tries at the mcat and never hitting more than a 24 on it, your friend has plateaued. Focus on broadly applying to DO programs.