Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

25 days after first peak

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by 126990, 04.30.12.

1. 126990

126990 Guest

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I sat for the MCAT on Saturday, but there was a computer problem and I have to retest (without a score). I'll test on May 24. I was peaking, had done all the AAMC's, was feeling ready, went through TPR and TBR test prep material. Now I'm back to waiting around and I want feedback regarding how best to prepare and stay sharp.

My thoughts include:

1) EK practice tests (all of them), reviewing details I am unsure of;
    2) Study my notes and weak topics, especially as I go through EK practice tests;
    3) Re-do all of the AAMC tests, to get deeper into the mind of the MCAT;
    4) 2 verbal passages per day.

Thoughts? Thank you...
  2. kasho11

kasho11

Pre-Medical
    To quote a great man, "Peaked, Dee? Let me tell you something. I haven't even begun to peak. And when I do peak, you'll know. Because I'm going to peak so hard, that everybody in Philadelphia will feel it."

But if you really were peaking an extra 3 weeks shouldn't be that long of a time, I don't think all those practice tests are necessary. Maybe a few tests, a few final content review run throughs and review of the later AAMCs.

That's just my thoughts, I was pretty crazy gung ho about my plans, now given I will have finished most of Kaplan's materials, the whole TPRH workbook, and about 19 practice tests by test day, I still wanted to push myself harder to do more. I realized that it's really not necessary. All that extra crazy practice probably won't help that much if you truly were peaking.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal