25 residency programs to close by 2018 more to come.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"25 residency programs to close by 2018 more to come."

Based on what gets posted here all the time, a reduction in the # of anesthesiology residency spots would be a great thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you work at the VA?
Do i have to work at the VA to be vociferously against the rule? This affects all of us regardless of where we work. It is a slow erosion of the profession.. SO I am against it. And you should be too.

Reactions: 4 users
Do i have to work at the VA to be vociferously against the rule? This affects all of us regardless of where we work. It is a slow erosion of the profession.. SO I am against it. And you should be too.

I have loved ones and friends who work at the va and/or are veterans serviced by the va. So there's still a dog to be had for the fight.

When things go wrong, these noctors better consult only other noctors. To me, this seems like almost an experiment in practice by the government, for APRNs, to save money government wastes so flippantly, using the veterans they care little about. Awful.

When things go wrong, these noctors better consult only other noctors. To me, this seems like almost an experiment in practice by the government, for APRNs, to save money government wastes so flippantly, using the veterans they care little about. Awful.

You are right, it is an experiment, but it is actually backed by private hospitals and insurers. The VA provides a relatively "safe" environment in terms of liability to try these things. It would have to be egregious to sue the government. If this works, the private hospitals will follow suit in 5-10 years. The cost savings are not passed on to the patients...the difference in paying for a cheaper "provider" will be pocketed by businessmen.

Reactions: 1 users
You are polluting the forum with new irrelevantly-titled threads. It's one thing to bump a pertinent thread repeatedly, it's a different thing to litter.

So, do you work at the VA? ;)

what does this have to do with residency program closing?

The headline is wrong because the goal is to flood the market with interchangeable "providers." No one is trying to replace anesthesiologists, they just want to make them cheaper.

The headline is wrong because the goal is to flood the market with interchangeable "providers." No one is trying to replace anesthesiologists, they just want to make them cheaper.

And that's why moderators need to close this duplicate thread down. Title is misleading and "click bait". It doesn't add anything that hasn't been discuss with the other original VA posting

Do you work at the VA?

No I dont work at the va. Again, do i have to work at the va to care about the future of the specialty and veterans in general. This is a dangerous legislation that is capable of injuring a lot of people

And that's why moderators need to close this duplicate thread down. Title is misleading and "click bait". It doesn't add anything that hasn't been discuss with the other original VA posting

As a poster you have impressive insight into many nuances in the field, that I can tell you. and I hope you continue to share them all. They are usually spot-on.

But for you to think I posted this thread as a "click bait" as if i have some monetary interests for each click is just down right short sighted. And I use short sighted because if i were to choose another word I would be banned.

Laziness, taking the high road, giving money to the ASA (which makes them fat and lazy as well), is all that is destroying this specialty. Becoming a consultant anesthesiologist is not easy. Don't allow people to sell the specialty short and make you feel bad becuase you make a lot of money.. I certainly dont apologize for making what I make. and it is not even that much.

Reactions: 1 users
The title of this thread is nonsense and is in-line with the many click-bait articles real news is often forced to contend with. Unless you know of 25 residency programs that will close by 2018, I believe morality dictates that you either change the title or have a moderator delete the thread. I am ashamed of myself for having fallen for this cheap trick.

The title of this thread is nonsense and is in-line with the many click-bait articles real news is often forced to contend with. Unless you know of 25 residency programs that will close by 2018, I believe morality dictates that you either change the title or have a moderator delete the thread. I am ashamed of myself for having fallen for this cheap trick.
The fact that you are an ASA member makes you a douche and you should be ashamed of yourself for that..

Status
Not open for further replies.