This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikejhl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
mikejhl said:
can you only apply 1 time per year?

or, for example, say i take the april mcat and apply, then find out i did poorly and get rejected at interviews....can i still take the august one and reapply?

no...if you are going to take the august mcat you can ask schools to hold off on a file review...might not happen though. Good luck!

mikejhl said:
can you only apply 1 time per year?

or, for example, say i take the april mcat and apply, then find out i did poorly and get rejected at interviews....can i still take the august one and reapply?
Schools are not supposed to reject you based on an April score if you indicate on your amcas that you are planning on taking in August. An app cycle lasts an entire year, so yes, you can only apply one time per year.

Also, if you do poorly, you will probably not get "rejected at interviews." Instead, you probably won't be invited to interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools will only accept one application per year. They have literally thousands to sift through.

You can, however, ask them to reconsider your file if there is a significant improvement from the April scores to the August scores. They do this all the time.

in addition to sending the august MCAT score, you could update your application if you have new EC or more classes.