28 Practice test January 26th MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Telomeres

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
So I'm a little worried about taking the MCAT in January 26th, I just took my 2nd MCAT practice test and got a 28 (10,9,9) and was wondering if there is still a good chance of me to improve my score to a 32 or higher.

If you have any recommendations on study methods used to move beyond this, please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

I was scoring 26 on my practice tests a month before the real thing and got a 33 on the actual test. Just try not to lose confidence and modify your study plan to focus on areas of weakness

I think that definitely is doable if you focus hard on your weaknesses and practice what your not doing well in.

Thanks for the input so far. I think a lot of it had to do with lack of focus, especially when it came to the bio section I was exhausted! And Corriefangirl any tips/tricks in your modified study plan

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya you can definitely make a ton of improvement in ~6 weeks. Especially if you're already at that ~30 mark, which means you have the majority of concepts down. Like someone said before, go through your tests and analyze a) which topics and b) which types of questions you're getting wrong. I go through every question I get wrong and write why I thought I got it wrong and the solution to why I got it wrong. Sometimes you know the answer or the concept already but you just applied it incorrectly or got confused by lurking answer choices.

Endurance is definitely another huge factor that can only improve with practice. If you've only taken 2 tests so far, I'd recommend taking at least 2/week from now on focusing on the aamc. If you're really feeling worn down mid-test, take a second to close your eyes, breathe in and out, then refocus. Studying is only half the battle; you need to preform on the test. Don't let all your studying go to waste! Work hard; I'm taking it on January 26th too so send out good vibes.

Hey akim,
Thanks for the advice I will definitely increase the amount FL's I take and hopefully if anything it will increase my stamina. As for reviewing what I got wrong I do like the idea of trying to remember where my train of thought went wrong.

Thanks again and definitely sending good vibes to anyone taking the test!

Thanks for the input so far. I think a lot of it had to do with lack of focus, especially when it came to the bio section I was exhausted! And Corriefangirl any tips/tricks in your modified study plan

That's why they put bio at the end ;) it sounds like focusing on stamina and your weaknesses is the best plan of action! Good luck!

Suggestion. Offer gift cards in 3 tiers based on performance: $20, $30, and $40.This will give students an incentive to try their hardest. Otherwise, Christmas tree.