29 MCAT, 3.6 GPA 3.4 sGPA, Should I retake??? Chances with current stats??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starbucksjunkie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
kjgk

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am going to apply to Med schools this June.When I asked for a letter of recommendation from one of my advisers he told me that 29 will filter me out from applicants pool.
Score: P 10, V 8, B 11 August 2013
My GPA is 3.6 and my science is about 3.4
I have very strong clinical and volunteer extracurriculars.
In addition I am taking Biochem, Microbio and Neuroscience classes this semester, which may take up a lot of time from studying for MCAT.
I am very scared that my score will go down on my retake, but I know that my stats are way too low.
Please give some advise on what to do. I thought I pushed my limits last time I took the MCAT, but it is still not enough. I also forgot all of my MCAT content. I am so scared....

These are the questions that I think would reveal your answer:

-MD versus DO (Do you want a competitive residency, live in an area dominated by MDs, or want an MD over a DO?)
-MCAT changing some time next year (Could you easily prepare for the new MCAT?)
-How many science credits you have (In other words, how easy or difficult it would be to improve your science GPA?)

*Also note the "LizzyM score" of GPA times ten plus MCAT as a formula to compare to schools numbers (the "mean" GPA and MCAT scores).

**Be aware that the value of accomplishments (to ADCOMS) is harder to predict than the value of any obscure invention on Pawn Stars or the Antiques Road Show. I've gone to the ends of the earth and found nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
ANother question is if you want to waiting potentially for another year to make a Physicians Salary as MD might need a year of GPA fix.

These are the questions that I think would reveal your answer:

-MD versus DO (Do you want a competitive residency, live in an area dominated by MDs, or want an MD over a DO?)
-MCAT changing some time next year (Could you easily prepare for the new MCAT?)
-How many science credits you have (In other words, how easy or difficult it would be to improve your science GPA?)

*Also note the "LizzyM score" of GPA times ten plus MCAT as a formula to compare to schools numbers (the "mean" GPA and MCAT scores).

**Be aware that the value of accomplishments (to ADCOMS) is harder to predict than the value of any obscure invention on Pawn Stars or the Antiques Road Show. I've gone to the ends of the earth and found nothing.
But how would they value beating Battle Toads?