3.27overall, 3.19BCPM 33MCAT. Bilingual. Retake? Any chance for top 50?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fleetfox1491

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
nvm

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Argentinians are not considered to tbe URM. being a Spanish pseaker is a plus.

If you retake with that perfectly good score, so help me I'm r=going to reach through your computer screen and smack you upside the head!

Your MCAT isn't the problem, your GPAs are. Suggest a post-bac or SMP, trying the Puerto Rican schools or any DO school.

Thank you for your response! I am considering retaking only to see if I can try and make up for my abysmal GPA. Don't know if I'll be able to afford a post-bacc, so I'm trying to pad my application everywhere else that I can.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a GPA that's barely adequate for DO school, let alone top 50 MD. I think you should retake some classes and push it up to a 3.4 with the AACOMAS grade forgiveness policy and then go DO- that high MCAT will suit you well in that area.

If you want MD you'll need to do a post bacc or SMP (Georgetown has a good program).

A 3.27/3.19 GPA is just too low for any MD school unless you have really amazing ECs or a sky high MCAT.

Also, you don't need to got to a top 50 school to get into competitive surgical subspecialties.

No mcat score will make up for your gpa. No chance at top 50 and low chance for any MD acceptance. Apply DO. Definitely don't retake the mcat...that would be insane.