3.36c 3.45s 29N CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ES2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says pretty much everything you need to know. I've been volunteering in the ER for a year (will be 2 by the time app cycle starts). Doing my first semester of research.

I'm thinking that I don't really have a shot at MD, I'll apply to a few schools anyways. I was really hoping for:
  • Davis, Loma Linda, or USU
Honestly, I'd be very happy going to a DO school. When it comes down to it, I just want to get in somewhere on the first application cycle.

I was looking at Touro CA for DO schools. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Title says pretty much everything you need to know. I've been volunteering in the ER for a year (will be 2 by the time app cycle starts). Doing my first semester of research.

I'm thinking that I don't really have a shot at MD, I'll apply to a few schools anyways. I was really hoping for:
  • Davis, Loma Linda, or USU
Honestly, I'd be very happy going to a DO school. When it comes down to it, I just want to get in somewhere on the first application cycle.

I was looking at Touro CA for DO schools. Any suggestions?

As you already know, your stats are below average for California MD schools, but there's no harm in applying to a few reach schools.

As for DO schools, you really only have two options in California, Touro-CA, as you mentioned, and Western COMP. I would suggest applying broadly to DO schools outside CA, you'll find that your stats are competitive for most DO schools.

You have a higher MCAT than me and I'm a CA resident. I applied to all California schools, got shot down at all the top notch ones but Irvine and Davis are giving me a chance. Other than that, I applied to a lot of schools in New York, specifically the SUNY bunch :)

P.S. I didn't apply to Loma Linda but they have lower stats compared to Davis, so that's a safe bet if you can get an interview at Davis. Then again, med school admissions is a huge crapshoot. You never know... unless its Mayo, then you know.