DO 3.4/3.3, 513

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roflolhahaha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduated with a 3.29/3.0. Part time DIY post bac at local 4 year to raise to 3.40/3.30. 513 MCAT. Fairly typical ECs IMO with couple hundred volunteering hours. Chance for DO schools, esp the more established programs? Advice for gap year?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Chances excellent at almost all DO's unless I'm horribly mistaken. That MCAT is fantastic for DO programs. Consult confirmation @Goro ?

I'd recommend you apply to some MD's as well. What state/race are you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, I'm a CA resident and an ORM :/

My adviser told me I'm a marginal candidate for MD programs so I thought I'd save the money and not apply...

Would like your thoughts as well, @Goro

Graduated with a 3.29/3.0. Part time DIY post bac at local 4 year to raise to 3.40/3.30. 513 MCAT. Fairly typical ECs IMO with couple hundred volunteering hours. Chance for DO schools, esp the more established programs? Advice for gap year?
Fine for any DO schools.

Suggest also UCD, UCI and UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire. NYMC, Albany, Rosy F and the Philly Triplets might be doable as well.

Thanks for the advice all!

If I apply for MD, will letters of updates carry any weight? I was planning on taking more classes, getting involved in leadership, more clinical exp etc etc during the glide year. If I send them to DO or MDs particularly, will it help my app much if it all? @Goro

Thanks for the advice all!

If I apply for MD, will letters of updates carry any weight? I was planning on taking more classes, getting involved in leadership, more clinical exp etc etc during the glide year. If I send them to DO or MDs particularly, will it help my app much if it all? @Goro
No