3.44cGPA, 3,35sGPA, 25 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheFlash91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title states, my stats are: 3.44cGPA (should be about 3.5 by the end of summer), 3,35sGPA, 25 MCAT

+1000 hours paid EMT over 2 years at my university
~300 hours volunteer EMT
~Tennis club and Triathlon club
~200 hours shadowing 2 MDs
Just started a research assistant program and am also starting community service (only 15 hours of actual community service since starting college).

I am a TX and have already applied to all in-state schools through TMDSAS.

Obviously with such a low MCAT my chances for an in-state MD are pretty slim, so I am mainly looking for suggestions as to which DO schools I should add to my list.

I already submitted my AACOMAS with 4 schools: A.T. Still at Arizona, Des Moines, Kansas City, and Nova. Can anybody suggest which other schools I might apply to with my stats? And are my chances even decent with any of these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know too much about DO schools, but I definitely have heard that many of them want specifically DO shadowing/a letter from a DO

With a 25 and basically no community service, your chances anywhere this cycle are slim. Consider holding off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will the community service part really hold back my chances that much even for DO? I've had multiple friends accepted to MD & DO schools and many of them hardly have any community service.

Will the community service part really hold back my chances that much even for DO? I've had multiple friends accepted to MD & DO schools and many of them hardly have any community service.
It could for SOMA because they are very mission driven. DMU, Nova and KCUMB are possible, but I think the chances are more against you than in your favor (due to MCAT/GPA, not lack of community service). I'd definitely cast a wider net by applying to Touro-NV, KCOM, Touro-Middletown, CUSOM, LMU-DCOM, PCOM-GA, LECOM and RVU.

It could for SOMA because they are very mission driven. DMU, Nova and KCUMB are possible, but I think the chances are more against you than in your favor (due to MCAT/GPA, not lack of community service). I'd definitely cast a wider net by applying to Touro-NV, KCOM, Touro-Middletown, CUSOM, LMU-DCOM, PCOM-GA, LECOM and RVU.

Thank you for your response, AlbinoHawk! I wasn't sure of the difference between the two A.T. Still campuses, but I added their Kirksville school yesterday at your suggestion. I also added LECOM Bradenton and am thinking about CUSOM and LMU once I get my next pay check. Do you think I would actually have a chance at RVU? I've looked at posts from previous years' threads and people with much higher stats than mine were rejected pretty early on in the process, which is weird because their matriculation stats aren't significantly higher than what I have.

Thank you for your response, AlbinoHawk! I wasn't sure of the difference between the two A.T. Still campuses, but I added their Kirksville school yesterday at your suggestion. I also added LECOM Bradenton and am thinking about CUSOM and LMU once I get my next pay check. Do you think I would actually have a chance at RVU? I've looked at posts from previous years' threads and people with much higher stats than mine were rejected pretty early on in the process, which is weird because their matriculation stats aren't significantly higher than what I have.
Numbers are not everything. As you've seen, the average is slightly higher than yours, which implies you're within the range.

TUNCOM, Western, AT Still (MO), LECOM (if you can get a DO LOR), and all of the new schools. Skip the other Touros and CCOM.

I already submitted my AACOMAS with 4 schools: A.T. Still at Arizona, Des Moines, Kansas City, and Nova. Can anybody suggest which other schools I might apply to with my stats? And are my chances even decent with any of these schools?

Thank you both for the advice and suggestions! Just added TUNCOM because the secondary is not too bad from what I can tell. I'll be adding RVU, LMU, CUSOM and maybe Western if I can afford it as well. Thank you both again!