3.52 GPA, female, URM, no MCAT score yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maravilla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm sure everyone else is as nervous as I..but I would love some feedback about my chances.

I am a hispanic female with a 3.52 GPA (approx the same sGPA). I will be taking the MCAT at the end of July but I am expecting anywhere from a 26-31 (that has been my range for the practice exams but I'm definitely aiming higher than that).

I was president (and now VP) of a service organization, executive director of a conference, work at a clinic 15-20 hours a week(been working there for ~3 years), have gone on 3 international service trips (one medical, two non-medical), have well over 100 community service hours (mostly medical), no research, received several awards and recognitions, was a teaching assistant for organic chemistry, shadowed 2 surgeons, taught and mentored students in 2 different classes of the "freshman experience,"... I think thats it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm sure everyone else is as nervous as I..but I would love some feedback about my chances.

I am a hispanic female with a 3.52 GPA (approx the same sGPA). I will be taking the MCAT at the end of July but I am expecting anywhere from a 26-31 (that has been my range for the practice exams but I'm definitely aiming higher than that).

I was president (and now VP) of a service organization, executive director of a conference, work at a clinic 15-20 hours a week(been working there for ~3 years), have gone on 3 international service trips (one medical, two non-medical), have well over 100 community service hours (mostly medical), no research, received several awards and recognitions, was a teaching assistant for organic chemistry, shadowed 2 surgeons, taught and mentored students in 2 different classes of the "freshman experience,"... I think thats it.

27-29 MCAT should get you in somewhere... 30+ will give more options... For DO 24-26.