3.53 cGPA, 3.50 sGPA, 24 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

codeman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations on where to apply either DO or MD with my current statistics. If i retake my MCAT as well what should i shoot for? A list of schools would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Most (maybe all) MD schools are out of your range with a 24 MCAT, a lot of DO schools as well. What were your practice scores? Can you bring the MCAT up?

Actually, ALL MD schools are out of range. The avg MCAT for acceptees is 32.

Do a re-take and shoot for >30.

You're fine for some DO programs, but not all (like mine).

Most (maybe all) MD schools are out of your range with a 24 MCAT, a lot of DO schools as well. What were your practice scores? Can you bring the MCAT up?

Members don't see this ad :)
apply broadly to DO schools. Would need at least 32 for decent shot at MD.

You don't NEED a 32 MCAT to get into MD program... Of course the higher the better, you can get in with a 29. I have heard people getting to Drexel with a 28 before.

We're in a similar situation; my cGPA is a bit higher, my sGPA is slightly below yours, and I scored a 26.

I say, as long as your 24 is relatively balanced (i.e. no section below a 7), your ECs and everything else are up to par, it's definitely worth a shot to look into a few DO schools and apply if you haven't already done so!! Btw, if you haven't applied yet, try to as soon as possible (my aacomas app is taking a while to process).

Good luck to you!! : )