3.5cGPA 3.6sGPA 26 MCAT URM (Black Male) Chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shockazulu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a little early as I don't plan on applying until next year, but as the new school year is like 3 weeks away (yay!) I'm having trouble sleeping because I know the next 4 months are make it or break it for me. As of right now I have a 3.57cGPA and a 3.7 something sGPA. Worst case scenario is I get a few B's, dropping my GPA, matching the title.

I'm taking the MCAT next Summer, which is good because I'm a Soc major (kind of) and took all of the Psych classes Freshman year. On the practice Exams I'm getting 30's, so Murphys Law will say I'll end up with a 26, or in that ball park. My plan is to apply Early Decision to Campbell. Its the only school I really want to go to. If I don't get in, I'm thinking about just waiting until next cycle, saving money and improving my grades and app altogether. At that time, I'll apply pretty much any and everywhere I can afford. I have no research (with no plans to do any). EC's are pretty average but I'll be volunteering and shadowing in a VA hospital in a few weeks, which I'm excited about. (I'm prior service)

I know its early but like I said this is literally keeping me up at night. ANY advice would be awesome.

Members don't see this ad.