3.6 cgpa, 3.4-3.5sgpa. Questions about post-bacc programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeep1010

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I hope you are all well. I recently took my mcat in August and am awaiting my score. I am taking a gap year and I wanted to raise my undergrad GPA to as close to a 3.8 as possible. I want to take classes after graduating from undergrad, however, I want these classes to bump up my undergrad GPA rather than have a "graduate" gpa. Can someone please lead me the in right direction to get this done?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Its gonna take a lot of classes to get to a 3.8, your stats are already good to get in somewhere.

Take classes at your undergrad, you can take classes after your graduate but its gonna cost you a lot per unit. Take one or two classes per semester and then work on the rest of your app (like volunteering or research) and you should be good to go.

I just feel like a 3.5 sGPA and 3.6 CGPA is real low for today's standard. I do not want to do DO, so I feel like post-bacc can put me as close to a 3.8 as possible.