MD 3.6 GPA 3.4sGPA 33 mcat average ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phama91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I just want to know which of these schools should I take out, add, or replace. I know this list is lengthy but I am compiling a list of schools and will shave off excess baggage as I go along.

I have a BS in cell bio with a 3.6 GPA from the University of Washington. 33 mcat (10VR11BS12PS). I really want to go back to UW because they are #1 in primary care, which I want to do, and moving is kind of a pain.

I have done 400+ hours of shadowing with a family practitioner, a year of research, TA for upper division bio, full time temporary blood testing center employee, medical mission organization, high school mentor, telephone solicitor, undergrad library worker, auto mechanic assistant, and a bunch of rando vietnamese based activities that demonstrate my bilingual skills and sense of ethnic community.

I will also be going to Vietnam on a medical mission trip this summer and moving to Maryland for the NIH IRTA Postbac to do research. I'll just put those in my secondaries.

The ones in bold are public schools, which I am incredibly iffy about.
albany
albert einstein
central michigan university
cooper medical school

Creighton University School of Medicine
Drexel
eastern virginia
Georgetown
hofstra
howard
jefferson medical college
loyola strich
medical college of wisconsin
meharry medical college ??? email them for LOR requirements
michigan state university
morehouse
new york medical college
oregon health and science
rush medical college
temple university
the commonwealth
the warren alpert medical school
tulane
university of arkansas
university of illinois
university of kansas
university of kentucky
university of minnesota
university of missouri kansas city
university of tennessee

university of washington
university of wisconsin
virginia tech carilion
wake forest
western michigan
quinnipiac

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Take off Commonwealth. They favor PA residents, especially those from NEPA (70% of the class is in state, and likely a large part of the remaining 30% have some tie to PA).

Moving to WAMC.

Your GPA and MCAT are fine enough to get you seen by many med schools. Par down the public schools list using MSAR; just off the top of my head, Commonwealth favors IS strongly, so don't bother. I'm pretty sure some of the other publics near you favor IS too, though you might be able to work in the post-bac in Maryland to your advantage. Just make a case for how you have ties there etc. convince them you are thinking of doing practice in that state, and you have an OK shot