3.62 cGPA 3.85 sGPA 34 MCAT minimal clinical experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Germanicus89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.62 cGPA 3.85 sGPA 34 MCAT (12/11/11) minimal clinical experience

Non-trad philosophy major, strong upward trend.

~4000 hrs neuroscience research, name on upcoming paper.

Some neuroscience graduate level courses

50 hrs. hospital volunteering

25 hrs. shadowing pediatrician+neurologist

60 hrs. nonclinical volunteering

Hesitant about applying this cycle. My hesitant list is:

Albany
Creighton
Drexel
Netter
NYMC
Hofstra
Commonwealth
Rosalind Franklin
George Washington
Tulane
Temple
Wake Forest
St. Louis

I'm a Texas native who's been out of the state for a while. As an alternative to applying this year, I could establish residency in Texas (already started) and strengthen my app by reaping more clinical experience and increasing my GPA. Two more years till I start though...

Members don't see this ad.

With your credentials you could apply this year. By this year I mean no later than this week and submit your secondaries by early September. Your school list is appropriate for your credentials and you have no reaches on your list. You should consider adding more schools such as Jefferson, Quinnipiac, Georgetown, Loyola, Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan. What is your current state of residence? Apply to any state public schools in your state of residency. In the meantime work on your EC's and increasing your gpa in case you need to reapply next year. Your odds would go up significantly if you were a Texas resident and applied to Texas schools.

Thanks for the reply Faha, gives me hope, I'll add the schools you suggested. Plus maybe 3 or 4 reaches, just for fun. Thanks for your time.