3.65GPA 31 MCAT School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manjoi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-edit-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can't comment too much on your list, but definitely apply to lots of safeties. (GPA is on the low side of average).
I also wanted to advice against applying late. Too many of my friends with good apps have been rejected for making that mistake.
Rolling admissions is merciless.

state schools? And do you think having a PharmD, DDS, or PhD would help in the Med school admissions process? Go for one of those to have a higher chance at admissions in a med school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you just apply as early as possible? I have very similar stats to you (almost identical) and plan on applying to most of those schools, but I plan on applying right when the application is open for submission. I personally would not re-take the MCAT (especially because of how late it will make your application), unless you're extremely confident in breaking 90th percentile. Any small increases you make in your MCAT score would NOT make up for how much earlier you could have applied.

Also, do NOT pursue a pharm, dentistry or PhD as the above poster suggested, if you don't have any interest in those fields. Really terrible idea..

1. Don't retake your MCAT. And if you do decide to retake it in August, don't apply this year. Most schools will wait to look at your application only once your MCAT score is in, which would be September in this case. That is really late! You'd be putting yourself at a huge disadvantage.
2. Your list looks fine. Do you have strong ties to WV? For sure delete UW. GW and Georgetown get lots of apps, but if you really like the schools, you should keep them. You could also stand to add a couple reaches that you really like if you have the time and money for more secondaries.

School List:
  1. Albany
  2. Commonwealth
  3. Drexel
  4. EVMS
  5. George Washignton
  6. Georgetown
  7. Maryland
  8. NYMC
  9. Oakland
  10. Quinnipiac
  11. Rosalind Franklin
  12. Rush
  13. Temple
  14. Tufts
  15. Tulane
  16. VCU
  17. Wake Forest
  18. West Virginia (do you have strong ties to WV?)
  19. Western Michigan
UW (delete -- only accepts 0.5% OOSers, MSAR stats are misleading because Alaska, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana applicants are considered IS to UW)