3.67 cGPA, ~3.5 sGPA has me worried...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seatown1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'd like some input regarding the importance of the science (BCPM) GPA. I got stellar grades in my 5 credit science classes, but got a couple 3.0s and a few 3.4-3.5 grades in 3 and 4 credit science classes. Because of this, my sGPA began to decrease and the gap between my cGPA and sGPA increased. This has has me a bit worried. One thing to take note of is that my lower science grades were in upper-division courses that were not pre-med pre-requisites. I don't know if this benefits me at all.

How concerned should I be? I'm pleased with my 3.67 cGPA, but having a sGPA just a tick under 3.5 is worrying me. I know there's not a whole lot I can do about it aside from excelling in my final science class this quarter (which is my last quarter as an undergrad).

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

the GPA is low, and you can look at trends and things like that yourself, but it is still competitive for some MDs. Get a 90th percentile MCAT score or better and you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
the GPA is low, and you can look at trends and things like that yourself, but it is still competitive for some MDs. Get a 90th percentile MCAT score or better and you should be fine.

Mostly this, but also make certain your ECs are diverse and interesting.

Obviously not a great showing that you are tending to do worse and worse as classes get harder, but obviously do your best this last quarter, and hopefully do well on the MCAT and you should have a fair chance as long as your EC's are solid.