MD & DO 3.69/ 509 MCAT, Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clockdoc89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA: 3.69(Can we call this a 3.7?) sGPA: 3.78
  2. 509(C/P:128, CARS:125, B/BC:128, P/S:128 82nd percentile)
  3. Texas Resident. I was living in poverty until 12 years old in which time we were able to move into a suburban area. I will be applying to all schools in Texas but I am really on the fence about Baylor considering my stats are in the 10th percentile, but I would LOVE to go here
  4. I am considered Caucasian but I am Persian.
  5. B.S. in Neuroscience
  6. ER Scribe in level 1 trauma center ~1000 hours, Spanish Translator in community clinic serving underserved ~250 hrs, MA in Neurologist's office (Just recently started), ~50 hours working as an MA in community clinic serving underserved
  7. None. I interviewed with a couple of professors but could not join due to the time requirements and lack of pay. I do look forward to research while in medical school however.
  8. ~20 hours with neurosurgeon, ~50 hours with neurologist. Scribe experience as well as noted above. I think I can easily convey I know what I am getting myself into.
  9. ~25 hours as an English teacher in a Colombian orphanage, 3 times working at food shelter(Not consistent, should I include?)
  10. Lived in Colombia for a year(learned Spanish and Farsi here, Long story behind this that involves long family history that I can discuss in PMs), Leadership experience managing an exhibition stand in international trade fairs in Colombia
  11. Scholarships, Dean's list multiple times
  12. No doctors in the family, discovered medicine a bit late making me a non-trad, plenty of international experience with other cultures, looking to practice in Texas and strong desire to work with underserved population
Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide y'all with to give you a better picture. My main concern is whether or not I have a decent chance at Baylor despite my stats. I think I have a compelling story that could pull me through.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.