3.6GPA/28 MCAT advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RA125

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking to apply MD/DO in this upcoming cycle and would love some input on how it looks for me.
-Year in school: BS in Biology, graduated May 2015
-Country/state of residence: Arizona
-Schools to which you are applying: Not complete. Starting list is A.T. Still, Midwestern, University of Arizona, PCOM, TouroCOM(CA and NV), WesternU, RVUCOM
-Cumulative GPA: 3.6
-Science GPA: 3.4
-MCAT Scores: 28(old). Would like some advice with this one. It's not too late to retake with the new one, but wondering if this is absolutely necessary. I have talked with several current med students as well as doctors who say I should apply with it rather than retake. Some considerations are that while I am graduated, I currently work full time. I am primarily applying DO.
-HCE: 2000 hours ED Scribe. 1 year personal care giver(Part Time) 600hours, 4 months personal trainer

Members don't see this ad.

You're fine for all of them.

Hey all, I'm looking to apply MD/DO in this upcoming cycle and would love some input on how it looks for me.
-Year in school: BS in Biology, graduated May 2015
-Country/state of residence: Arizona
-Schools to which you are applying: Not complete. Starting list is A.T. Still, Midwestern, University of Arizona, PCOM, TouroCOM(CA and NV), WesternU, RVUCOM
-Cumulative GPA: 3.6
-Science GPA: 3.4
-MCAT Scores: 28(old). Would like some advice with this one. It's not too late to retake with the new one, but wondering if this is absolutely necessary. I have talked with several current med students as well as doctors who say I should apply with it rather than retake. Some considerations are that while I am graduated, I currently work full time. I am primarily applying DO.
-HCE: 2000 hours ED Scribe. 1 year personal care giver(Part Time) 600hours, 4 months personal trainer

Members don't see this ad :)