DO 3.75 cGPA, 3.9 sGPA, 26 MCAT, NY Resident. Where to apply? Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

potentiallymd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted previously when I first got a 23 on first MCAT. This time I got a 26 (PS/VR/BS) (9/9/8). My AACOMAS is already verified and ready to go. Now I'm just trying to figure out what schools I should apply to.

I applied to NYCOM so far, and a few israeli schools.

If anyone can give me some general advice, and recommend me what other schools I should apply to that would be awesome! I'm planning on applying to atleast 15 schools so that I have a solid chance.

These are the schools that were recommended to me at my last thread when I had a 23 MCAT:
LUCOM
PCOM-GA
ACOM
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
WCUCOM
SOMA
CUSOM
VCOM

Now it seems like I have a chance at most DO schools, so I'm not sure where to apply anymore. Any advice would be great, THANKS! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I posted previously when I first got a 23 on first MCAT. This time I got a 26 (PS/VR/BS) (9/9/8). My AACOMAS is already verified and ready to go. Now I'm just trying to figure out what schools I should apply to.

I applied to NYCOM so far, and a few israeli schools.

If anyone can give me some general advice, and recommend me what other schools I should apply to that would be awesome! I'm planning on applying to atleast 15 schools so that I have a solid chance.

These are the schools that were recommended to me at my last thread when I had a 23 MCAT:
LUCOM
PCOM-GA
ACOM
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
WCUCOM
SOMA
CUSOM
VCOM

Now it seems like I have a chance at most DO schools, so I'm not sure where to apply anymore. Any advice would be great, THANKS! :)

Apply to any DO school you want just make sure you have a good mix. If you already applied to the school listed an acceptance is likely. You can add more desirable schools now. Take off lucom. Pick schools you like. Congrats. Why are you applying isreali? I don't know much about those schools @Goro or @gyngyn is that any better then carribean?

Reactions: 1 user
Can't advise on Israeli schools, as I have no knowledge of them. I don't think you want to have to duck Hamas rockets at any time though.

I suggest:

PCOM-GA
ACOM
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
WCUCOM
SOMA
CUSOM
All 3 VCOMs
KYCOM
TUNCOM
Rowan
LECOM (all)
KCOM (maybe)
MUCOM

Also suggest dropping the last two letters of your screen name.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't advise on Israeli schools, as I have no knowledge of them. I don't think you want to have to duck Hamas rockets at any time though.

I suggest:

PCOM-GA
ACOM
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
WCUCOM
SOMA
CUSOM
All 3 VCOMs
KYCOM
TUNCOM
Rowan
LECOM (all)
KCOM (maybe)
MUCOM

Also suggest dropping the last two letters of your screen name.

I don't think hamas is too much of an issue. The iron dome is effective. But it also completely unnecessary going to isreal unless you want to go there.

@gyngyn do you know about isreali schools?

And yep OP no longer has to have the burden of having that pesky MD anymore :p DO ftw

@gyngyn do you know about isreali schools?
I am familiar with Technion, Ben Gurion and Sackler.
The NRMP 2014 Charting Outcomes in the Match indicated that 90 US IMG's from Israel matched while 29 did not.
It is my impression that these schools are geared toward producing physicians for Israel.

The NRMP 2014 Charting Outcomes in the Match indicated that 90 US IMG's from Israel matched while 29 did not.
It is my impression that these schools are geared toward producing physicians for Israel.
Thanks gyngyn so @potentiallymd there you have it

Thanks for the help everyone, I will look all those schools up and come up with a list of schools to apply to. Any other schools I should consider?

Thanks again!

@gyngyn I was looking through the NRMP 2014 Charting Outcomes and couldn't find anything specific to Israeli grads. Can you please point me to the page you found that info on?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: