3.8 GPA and 505 MCAT, what do I do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrhom1

Reaction score
Hi all, I just finished taking my MCAT and would like to know what I should do from here.

My GPA is 3.8, and MCAT is 505 (129/122/127/127).

I realize the CARS is low, and it has been for me.. I tried practicing it but reading for a long time has been just fatiguing. I am an immigrant as well, moved from Syria to the US when I was 14 (now I'm 21).

Activities:
Pharmacy Technician - 1200 hours
EMT - 2000 hours
Volunteering (at hospital) - 200 hours
Virtual shadowing - ~20 hours (multiple specialties shadowing 1 hour a week)
Shadowing a DO soon.

^ these are all the activities I can fit in my schedule currently. I'll see if I can do some nonclinical volunteering this summer, but I assume I'll be busy doing applications? Not sure.

I will be getting 2 LORs from Organic Chemistry and Physics professors, got high A in both courses and regularly attended office hours..

I am interested in applying to only DO schools. I don't see myself specializing and would like to go into primary care. I believe that having the OMT training can be used best for what I'd like to do.

What are your thoughts? What schools should I look at? I'd like to read whatever you have to say so I know what to do now.

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for all DO schools with your stats and I suggest these
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
CUSOM
PCOM