3.83 GPA, 508 MCAT, List of 27 Schools - HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPSmyth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that I'm right on the cusp for MD schools with my MCAT score so I need my list to be spot on to maximize my chances. Here is what I have so far... Is there anything you guys see that I should take off or add to my list? I used the MSAR mostly to see where I might be competitive. Thank you!

(NJ Resident)
Rutgers RWJ
New Jersey Medical School
Rowan Cooper Med

NY Medical College
Albany Medical College
SUNY Downstate (Reach)

Drexel
Temple
Penn State

Wake Forest

Georgetown
George Washington

Quinnipiac

VCU
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Tech

Chicago Med - Franklin
Loyola

Florida International University
Florida Atlantic University
USF

West Virginia University

Texas A&M

Touro COM
PCOM
NYIT COM
Rowan SOM

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The Florida schools and Texas A&M accept few OOS applicants with your MCAT score. Otherwise your list is good. You could add Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan, Jefferson and Creighton. You are competitive for any DO school so apply to several more.

The Florida schools and Texas A&M accept few OOS applicants with your MCAT score. Otherwise your list is good. You could add Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan, Jefferson and Creighton. You are competitive for any DO school so apply to several more.

I didn't know that the Florida schools and Texas A&M were that much more selective for OOS. On the MSAR their applicant MCAT data seems pretty low. But if you say that's the case then I'll take your word for it. I thought Jefferson had a high avg MCAT? But I'll add that and Creighton to the list anyway, and look into Western Mich and Oakland Beaumont. Thank you @Faha

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know that the Florida schools and Texas A&M were that much more selective for OOS. On the MSAR their applicant MCAT data seems pretty low. But if you say that's the case then I'll take your word for it. I thought Jefferson had a high avg MCAT? But I'll add that and Creighton to the list anyway. Thank you @Faha
The IS matriculants are the ones with the low stats. The OOS matriculants have connections to the state or high stats.

Reactions: 1 user
The IS matriculants are the ones with the low stats. The OOS matriculants have connections to the state or high stats.

I'll definitely cross them off then. Does having family in Florida count as a tie to the state? Or not strong enough to matter?

I suggest:

(NJ Resident)
Rutgers RWJ
New Jersey Medical School
Rowan Cooper Med

NY Medical College
Albany Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Wake Forest

Georgetown
George Washington

Quinnipiac

VCU
Eastern Virginia
Chicago Med - Franklin
Loyola

West Virginia University

Touro COM
PCOM
NYIT COM
Rowan SOM
UNECOM
U Miami
U VT

EDIT: Now that I have my list in front of me, I suggest:
EDIT: 2x. Now that I understand you're in NJ and not FL, note below

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

NYMC

Creighton

Albany

Rosy Franklin

Drexel

Temple

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

MCW

St. Louis U

WVU

Jefferson

Tulane

Loyola

Wake Forest

EVMS

VCU

Netter

Oakland-B

Western MI