3.85sGPA 3.879cGPA 29 MCAT What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cornchiu

Cornnnnnnn
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering what are my chances. I'm applying this upcoming cycle and I'm a NJ resident.
My science GPA is 3.85 and my cumulative GPA is 3.879. My MCAT score is a 29. I am considering applying to MD and DO. What are other schools to apply to other than the one I have listed.

MD
NJMS
RWJMS
Cooper Medical
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
New York Medical
George Washington

DO
Rowan SOM
NYCOM
LECOM
PCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Suggest replacing Penn State with TCMC, maybe Albany as well, and adding the two NY Touros. VCOM isn't too far away either.

MD
NJMS
RWJMS
Cooper Medical
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
New York Medical
George Washington

DO
Rowan SOM
NYCOM
LECOM
PCOM[/quote]

Members don't see this ad :)
Suggest replacing Penn State with TCMC, maybe Albany as well, and adding the two NY Touros. VCOM isn't too far away either.

MD
NJMS
RWJMS
Cooper Medical
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
New York Medical
George Washington

DO
Rowan SOM
NYCOM
LECOM
PCOM
[/quote]

Thanks!! Which school would I have the highest chance to get in?

If you have the sufficient finances, I think you should apply to 20-25 schools. Think of adding: Frank Netter, Rosalind Franklin, Medical College of Wisconsin, St. Louis, Creighton

MD: I'd also add VCU to the list...they accept a good amount of out of state applicants and your scores would be competitive there

DO: apply wherever you want because you'll get accepted to just about any DO school. If you want to stay more local then keep your list as is, if your up to get out of the area then add VCOM, Marion, MSU, and LMU since I've been there and thought these are all great programs

Hey guys I was wondering what are my chances. I'm applying this upcoming cycle and I'm a NJ resident.
My science GPA is 3.85 and my cumulative GPA is 3.879. My MCAT score is a 29. I am considering applying to MD and DO. What are other schools to apply to other than the one I have listed.

MD
NJMS
RWJMS
Cooper Medical
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
New York Medical
George Washington

DO
Rowan SOM
NYCOM
LECOM
PCOM

I forgot to say I'm of Asian decent and my MCAT breakdown was P-10/V-08/ B-11

MD: I'd also add VCU to the list...they accept a good amount of out of state applicants and your scores would be competitive there

DO: apply wherever you want because you'll get accepted to just about any DO school. If you want to stay more local then keep your list as is, if your up to get out of the area then add VCOM, Marion, MSU, and LMU since I've been there and thought these are all great programs

I think he has the stats to get into most DO programs, but some require DO shadowing experience. I would definitely pickup a few hours.

Hofstra has a new program. Could be worth adding it. I agree with the previous poster- you should aim for approx 25 schools.

Thanks for the input!! What are my chances at MD schools tho ?