3.9 cGPA, 3.6sGPA, waiting on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuxedosheep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a cGPA of 3.9, and a sGPA of 3.6. I'm currently waiting on my MCAT score, but I was averaging 25-27 on my AAMC practice tests (8 P, 10 V, 9 B). I am a Hispanic female, with undergraduate research, 300+ hours of volunteering, and 150+ hours of medical volunteering/shadowing. I'm a Texas resident. I JUST sent in my application, so it is a bit late (I think).

I applied to all the schools (MD and DO) in Texas except for Baylor. I would prefer to go to Texas Tech or TCOM. What are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

I am Honduran. I grew up in Texas, not sure how else to answer that question. My Spanish skills are fair... I can communicate and understand well.

I am Honduran. I grew up in Texas, not sure how else to answer that question. My Spanish skills are fair... I can communicate and understand well.

I do not know if people of Central American descent are considered UIM in the TX schools. Language skills are very important in the Southwest, though. Come back with your score for a more precise prognostication!